Windows 10: Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd

Discus and support Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have Halo MCC Microsoft store version stored inside my external drive and so I decided to remove the drive from one pc and plug it onto another pc.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Bergion9, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Bergion9 Win User

Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd

I have Halo MCC Microsoft store version stored inside my external drive and so I decided to remove the drive from one pc and plug it onto another pc.

The new pc detected the hard drive just fine as I plugged it in but when I go to Microsoft store to launch Halo Mcc it doesn't let me launch it and instead says "Install" as if it's not already installed on the external drive.

When I go to local storage in the settings the external drive shows up just fine with the "122gb used"122gb being the space MCC takes BUT, when I click on it the "apps & features" folder is marked with 0bytes and the "Other" folder is marked with 122gb.

And YES I'm signed in with the same Microsoft account on both pcs

:)

Bergion9, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Problem with launching games from the Microsoft Store!!

Is it possible to open the Microsoft Store, open an app or
    a game and then have it downloaded and launched?
    Unfortunately I cannot do the above steps and launch the apps and games. When I try
    to open them I receive an error message 00008.
    Please help cause I cannot resolve this issue by myself

DaniellePizzino, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd

1. Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd - Similar Threads - Can't launch Microsoft

2. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  3. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  4. Microsoft Store not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not launching: The Microsoft Store in the Start menu appears with a progress bar underneath and will not launch when I open it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-launching/e55b8ddf-9975-48a7-8094-29c6939f4aea
  5. Microsoft Store not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not launching: The Microsoft Store in the Start menu appears with a progress bar underneath and will not launch when I open it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-launching/e55b8ddf-9975-48a7-8094-29c6939f4aea
  6. I can't launch a game from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't launch a game from Microsoft store: I can launch a game I downloaded on the Microsoft store the tab deletes every time I try opening the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-launch-a-game-from-microsoft-store/f59f94ba-c1a6-427c-9679-ea8c69b398eb
  7. Games on the Microsoft store won’t launch

Games on the Microsoft store won’t launch: I bought a game pass for one dollar on my pc and this isn’t the first time I’ve bought one and this has happened before. The games Subnautica and Sea of thieves won’t launch no matter what I do and subnautica had uninstalled itself when I reset the application. Now subnautica...
  8. Microsoft Store not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not launching: I have been trying to launch my Microsoft Store but it isn't working. I tried updating it and following otger suggesting by Microsoft community but it's still not launching. Any other suggestions could do me a world of good. Thank you...
  9. Microsoft store games crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games crashing on launch: Every time I launch games from the Microsoft store such as ARK: Survival Evolved, Forza and Sea of Thieves (The only Microsoft store games I have downloaded on my pc) the games show me this: [IMG]Then they immediately close out as if they never launched. I've updated...
  10. Microsoft Store Will Not Launch

Microsoft Store Will Not Launch: Hi. When downloading an app, I checked the box to not open the Store app when clicking an available app. I thought it would give me an alternative and that I could easily change the choice back if needed. That is not the case. I've tried the advice I found so far,...