Windows 10: Can't launch or install microsoft store

Discus and support Can't launch or install microsoft store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andy Greenwood1, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Can't launch or install microsoft store

PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Register operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.WindowsStore_22312.1401.5.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe from: AppxBundleManifest.xml failed with error

:)

Andy Greenwood1, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Unable to install Garmin Connect Mobile app from Microsoft Store

Hi James,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to install the Garmin Connect Mobile app from Microsoft store after uninstalling it.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset the store cache.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The store will restart automatically after the command completes.

Method 2:

Sign out and sign in again to store.

1. Open Microsoft store by clicking on the
      Store icon on the taskbar.
    2. Now on the top right corner click on the
      account icon and click on the account name.
    3. Now click on Sign out to sign out of Microsoft Store.
    4. Click on the account icon again and click on
      Sign in.
    5. Login with the Microsoft account.

If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to check and confirm if the store app is updated and the region, time & language settings are set accordingly. You can refer the steps in the article on
    Microsoft Store does not launch
    to help you through this process.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Can't launch or install microsoft store

Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub will not launch

I'm trying to install a new printer on a new Dell Windows 10 machine and the only way to get the drivers for the printer is through the Microsoft Store. When I try to launch the Microsoft Store it comes up for about 3 seconds and then goes away with no error message. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps in this article: Microsoft Store doesn't open - Microsoft Support to no avail. The last step said to then open the Feedback Hub but I'm having the same problem with Feedback Hub. How do I fix these two apps?

Diane Nitzel, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Can't launch or install microsoft store

1. Can't launch or install microsoft store - Similar Threads - Can't launch install

2. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  3. Microsoft Store not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not launching: The Microsoft Store in the Start menu appears with a progress bar underneath and will not launch when I open it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-launching/e55b8ddf-9975-48a7-8094-29c6939f4aea
  4. Microsoft Store not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not launching: The Microsoft Store in the Start menu appears with a progress bar underneath and will not launch when I open it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-launching/e55b8ddf-9975-48a7-8094-29c6939f4aea
  5. Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store: Hi, as stated above I am unable to install or launch any app from the Microsoft store, even apps i have previously had installed. It started when I attempted to launch Forza Horizon 4, but was frozen on the splash screen. I attempted to reinstall the game but then I was...
  6. Microsoft Store apps not launching or installing.

Microsoft Store apps not launching or installing.: a few months ago I ran into the issue where non of my Microsoft Store games were launching and I couldn't install new games, after trouble shooting and trying every solution online I could find I eventually had to factory reset my computer which fixed the issue temporarily,...
  7. Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd

Can't launch Microsoft store game stored in external hdd: I have Halo MCC Microsoft store version stored inside my external drive and so I decided to remove the drive from one pc and plug it onto another pc. The new pc detected the hard drive just fine as I plugged it in but when I go to Microsoft store to launch Halo Mcc it...
  8. Microsoft store not launching

Microsoft store not launching: Hello, I recently reset the Microsoft store because the apps weren't installing and after I pressed reset, the Microsoft store wouldn't launch. No error messages or pop-ups just nothing. I press it and nothing happens. I really need to fix this because I really would like...
  9. Microsoft Store not launching

Microsoft Store not launching: I have been trying to launch my Microsoft Store but it isn't working. I tried updating it and following otger suggesting by Microsoft community but it's still not launching. Any other suggestions could do me a world of good. Thank you...
  10. Microsoft Store Will Not Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Will Not Launch: Hi. When downloading an app, I checked the box to not open the Store app when clicking an available app. I thought it would give me an alternative and that I could easily change the choice back if needed. That is not the case. I've tried the advice I found so far,...