Windows 10: Can't launch or uninstall game after TCP/IP reset [Windows 10]

Discus and support Can't launch or uninstall game after TCP/IP reset [Windows 10] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I just downloaded Phantasy Star Online 2 and it all worked fine until I started getting the 0x800704cf error message that wasn't letting me log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Friday XIII, May 27, 2020.

1. Can't launch or uninstall game after TCP/IP reset [Windows 10]

So, I just downloaded Phantasy Star Online 2 and it all worked fine until I started getting the 0x800704cf error message that wasn't letting me log into my microsoft account on the game. This was probably due to a primary email swap I did right before logging in, but the problem persisted. So, following instructions from a video regarding said error code, I followed this folder chain:

Settings>Network & Internet>WiFi>Change adapter settings

I thereby accessed the WiFi properties and unchecked "Client for Microsoft Networks"; Nothing Changed. So, the second method was to use the following admin command prompts:

ipconfig/flushdns

nbtstat -RR

netsh int ip reset

After using those commands I restarted my computer. Upon logging in, I tried to boot up PSO2 but the launcher wouldn't even start; though everything else works fine. I tried uninstalling the game and for a time it wouldn't do anything. It has since uninstalled so I'm reinstalling to see how that works. But, in the event the problem persists, does anyone know where I went wrong?

:)

Friday XIII, May 27, 2020
  2. AnasWally Win User

Resetting the TCP/IP

Hey, out of curiosity a few days ago I had installed the windows fix it tool (forgot the exact number) and I reset it automatically as it turns out it wasn't the tcp/ip issure gong on so i'm just a little paranoid if I missed something up even thought
    the tcp/ip was working just fine? any idea what else does the tcp ip reset tool do? thanks!

AnasWally, May 27, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Resetting the TCP/IP

Hi,

Upon analyzing your query,
    TCP/IP
    is a set of
    networking protocols
    that is widely used on the
    Internet
    to provide
    communications
    between
    interconnected networks
    of computers with
    diverse hardware architectures
    and various
    Operating Systems. It also includes on how
    computers communicate
    and
    conventions
    for
    connecting a network
    and
    routing traffics. TCP/IP
    reset tool
    will reset your
    network connection and register it again to the server.
    For more information, you can refer to this
    link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 27, 2020
  4. Can't launch or uninstall game after TCP/IP reset [Windows 10]

Just updated to Windows 10 and my Internet stopped working.

Hi Jacob,

Inconvenience regretted. I suggest you to go to Device Manager>Network Adapter, if a
    yellow exclamation mark is there, then
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers. You may also visit the computer manufacturer website and download all the latest drivers for Windows 10 including Network adapter and
    install them.

Please try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Reset TCP/IP One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted.

Follow the steps below to reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

Reboot the computer and check.

Step 2: Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select
      Command Prompt (admin).

• At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I also suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps given in the article below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't launch or uninstall game after TCP/IP reset [Windows 10]

1. Can't launch or uninstall game after TCP/IP reset [Windows 10] - Similar Threads - Can't launch uninstall

2. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  3. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  4. TCP/IP interface metric issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TCP/IP interface metric issue: There is a common issue the company I work at recently has had. The issue begins when we move an associate to work using our new VPN solution and then the interface metric of that VPN's TAP adapter matches the interface metric of their wired ethernet connection.We resolve...
  5. Batch File to Release TCP/IP, Flush DNS, Reset Winsock, Reset Proxy

in Windows 10 News
    Batch File to Release TCP/IP, Flush DNS, Reset Winsock, Reset Proxy: Every now and then, many PC users may find that their Network connections fail for seemingly no reason. And, while rebooting your Windows 10 PC works in some cases, it is not ideally the best solution. In this post, we will show you how to create a Batch File to reset,...
  6. How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10: [ATTACH]NetBIOS or Network Basic Input/Output System is an API used in Windows when DNS […] This article How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Not able to established more than 65532 TCP/IP Socket Connection in windows 10 after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to established more than 65532 TCP/IP Socket Connection in windows 10 after...: After 65532 TCP/IP Socket Connections in Windows 10, select returning -1. WSAGetLastError is returning Error 10055 - No Buffer Space Available. Can Windows support more than 65532 TCP/IP Socket Connection or not ? I have modified the registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...
  8. GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties

GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties: Hi, Is there a way to hide or disabled and not giving the user the privileges to change the DNS IP settings in TCP/IP properties. Can GPO be used in this case. Regards, Saras Chander.E...
  9. Can't install game after uninstall.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install game after uninstall.: I recently downloaded Wolfenstein 2: The new colossus from Windows store and played it couple times. One day it didn't just open. I tried everything but nothing worked. So one thread said that i need to go to Settings > Apps > Apps and properties and find the game go to more...
  10. VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

VPN TCP/IP 4 properties: unable to select the TCP/IP 4 properties on the vpn connection. I am able to select the network properties tab, however when I try to select the properties button for the tcp 4 properties nothing happens. I need to be able to change the dns option for my vpn. I have tried it...