Windows 10: Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...

Discus and support Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I do right-click / Troubleshoot sound problems on the volume icon, I get:I couldn't find a solution in the existing forum threads on that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sba923, Jun 23, 2022.

1. sba923 Win User

Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...

When I do right-click / Troubleshoot sound problems on the volume icon, I get:I couldn't find a solution in the existing forum threads on that topic.Running the audio troubleshooter from Setting works:System is IT-deployed Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1706.

:)

sba923, Jun 23, 2022
  2. clayto Win User

New Clipboard app will not open / launch

I have installed a new app from the Store.It is

ClipBoard Fast Copy Paste and Share Pro

I have not been able open / run / launch it. I have a Desktop shortcut icon, a Taskbar icon, and a Tile in the Start Menu and have repeatedly clicked each one, selecting both Open and run as Administrator without success. As I cannot oen it I have no access to whatever help info might be there or the email address of the Developer. With regard to the latter, the app listing in the Store does not have the usual info there. I have drawn a blank from an online search, the app is listed but only takes you to the relevant Store page. Any suggestions?

clayto, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Edge, start menu, IE, Search, Notifications, apps not launching and no sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the suggestions below and check if it fixes Edge, Internet Explorer, Search, Start Menu, Notifications and modern not launching:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the sound issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...

Sound Troubleshooter

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...

1. Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this... - Similar Threads - Can't launch sound

2. Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...: When I do right-click / Troubleshoot sound problems on the volume icon, I get:I couldn't find a solution in the existing forum threads on that topic.Running the audio troubleshooter from Setting works:System is IT-deployed Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1706....
  3. Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't launch the sound troubleshooter: "You'll need a new app to open this...: When I do right-click / Troubleshoot sound problems on the volume icon, I get:I couldn't find a solution in the existing forum threads on that topic.Running the audio troubleshooter from Setting works:System is IT-deployed Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1706....
  4. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  5. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  6. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender: Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...