Windows 10: Can't launch VM - Failed to load Idlinux.c32 (Boot failed)

Discus and support Can't launch VM - Failed to load Idlinux.c32 (Boot failed) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have set up a Hyper-V virtual machine to run Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon from and iso image, I have went through and set up everything the way I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cgrim1985, May 28, 2020.

1. cgrim1985 Win User

Can't launch VM - Failed to load Idlinux.c32 (Boot failed)

I have set up a Hyper-V virtual machine to run Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon from and iso image, I have went through and set up everything the way I want it. When I try to connect to the VM and start it I get this message: "Failed to load Idlinux.c32, Boot failed: press any key to retry," but when I press any key I still get the same message. I have even tried deleting the VM and recreating it, but get the same error message. All Hyper-V services are enable in services.msc, so not sure what the problem is, so any help is appreciated.

Windows Version: Windows 10 Professional, build 18362_19h1_release 190318-1202 and is up to date
    Hyper-V Version: 10.0.18362.1

Can't launch VM - Failed to load Idlinux.c32 (Boot failed) [​IMG]

:)

cgrim1985, May 28, 2020
  2. Ar3s Win User

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

3. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services | Microsoft Docs

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, May 28, 2020
  4. Chatman99 Win User

Programmes Failing to Load on Boot

Hi - Since December 5th, some of my programmes sometimes fail to load on boot and another (Avast) seems to load (according to Windows security settings) but doesn't appear in the system tray. The ones that do not load are:

Dropbox

Evernote

Chrometa

JD's Auto Speed Tester

All of them except Chrometa can load manually.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Chatman99, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't launch VM - Failed to load Idlinux.c32 (Boot failed) - Similar Threads - Can't launch Failed

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. Headbangers Fail to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headbangers Fail to launch: Good afternoonI downloaded headbangers last night but have not been able to get the game to start. The main screen will show with the pigeons but then close back to desktop. I tried verifying, updating, running the game as administrator with no luck please help me find a...
  4. Headbangers Fail to launch

Headbangers Fail to launch: Good afternoonI downloaded headbangers last night but have not been able to get the game to start. The main screen will show with the pigeons but then close back to desktop. I tried verifying, updating, running the game as administrator with no luck please help me find a...
  5. Windows Activation failed on VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation failed on VM: Hi,I installed Windows 10 Pro on a VM and activated it with a freshly bought product key. It seems that there was some trouble with the VM host integration and the VM suddenly failed to start. I installed it again on another VM, activated Windows again and then had other...
  6. Windows Activation failed on VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation failed on VM: Hi,I installed Windows 10 Pro on a VM and activated it with a freshly bought product key. It seems that there was some trouble with the VM host integration and the VM suddenly failed to start. I installed it again on another VM, activated Windows again and then had other...
  7. Windows Activation failed on VM

8. Windows fails to boot natively, but can boot in a VM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to boot natively, but can boot in a VM: I have a PC that dual boots Linux and Windows. When booted in Linux, I also boot the Windows install through VirtualBox by passing the disks in directly. The boot process natively is mobo UEFI -> GRUB -> Windows Boot Loader -> Windows, and the boot process in the VM is vbox...
  9. ark fails at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ark fails at launch: so i have scored the internet an i'm getting undeniably frustrated no i have game pass and i have downloaded ark and it works on my wife's computer but when i try to launch it on my own it wont even launch i press start the app and i get the initialization screen and then it...
  10. Fail to load?

Fail to load?: I subscribe to the newspaper in the town in which I grew up. They send the paper out in pdf format, and I've received it for years. The other day when I tried to open the file, I got "Error, failed to load .pdf document". I called the paper, but it seems the problem is on...