Windows 10: Can't leave Microsoft family

Discus and support Can't leave Microsoft family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I am under 18, Microsoft isn't allowing me to change my age, leave my familyeven though there is no one else other than me and I'm the organizer, or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeonardoMiyahara Ferreira, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Can't leave Microsoft family

So I am under 18, Microsoft isn't allowing me to change my age, leave my familyeven though there is no one else other than me and I'm the organizer, or join another family bcs I'm already in one, how do i leave my family or inv someone else into the family.

:)

LeonardoMiyahara Ferreira, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 6, 2021
  3. I cant leave my microsoft family!

I accidentaly joined my friends microsoft family when i created an ac.count on his xbox. he is listed as the parent and i am the child. I want to leave so i can download games without his permission on windowws. I am over 18. i am doing it on the website https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    and when i click leave family it says

Please try again later. We can't do this right now.

i have tried on differrent times but the result is always the same.

thank you

Edit: please reply quickly as i have to go away soon

LouisDarbandi, Nov 6, 2021
  4. EdTittel Win User

Can't leave Microsoft family

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Can't leave Microsoft family

1. Can't leave Microsoft family - Similar Threads - Can't leave Microsoft

2. Leaving microsoft family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving microsoft family group: My child wants to play minecraft realms. So i want to go to my family group and I notice her account is not there. So I try to add her account, but when i log in to accept the invitation it tells me she already is in a group. When I log in with my childs account I can see the...
  3. Leaving microsoft family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Leaving microsoft family group: My child wants to play minecraft realms. So i want to go to my family group and I notice her account is not there. So I try to add her account, but when i log in to accept the invitation it tells me she already is in a group. When I log in with my childs account I can see the...
  4. Cannot leave Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot leave Microsoft Family: I cannot leave a Microsoft Family. Both myself and the "Owner" have tried and it will not let me leave. The account is tied to my laptop profile, so I cannot join another family that has a D365 subscription. Basically my OneDrive is full and the laptop is virtually...
  5. Issue with Leaving Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Leaving Microsoft Family: Hello, I recently got a new Inspiron 14 2-in-1 computer around a week and a half ago. I logged into my account, set up the rest of the computer, and migrated my data from Chrome to Edge. I do not have Microsoft 365 and was confused when, after trying to visit some of the...
  6. Unable to leave Microsoft Family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to leave Microsoft Family.: I am unable to leave Microsoft Family, I have an adult account. When I go to the members menu, there's no button to leave. I am also the only member in it. I'm currently unable to do things like joining minecraft bedrock realms whilst I am in the MS Family group.As of now,...
  7. Unable to leave Microsoft Family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to leave Microsoft Family.: I am unable to leave Microsoft Family, I have an adult account. When I go to the members menu, there's no button to leave. I am also the only member in it. I'm currently unable to do things like joining minecraft bedrock realms whilst I am in the MS Family group.As of now,...
  8. Unable to leave Microsoft Family.

9. Can't leave Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't leave Microsoft family: So I am under 18, Microsoft isn't allowing me to change my age, leave my familyeven though there is no one else other than me and I'm the organizer, or join another family bcs I'm already in one, how do i leave my family or inv someone else into the family....
  10. Can't leave Microsoft family

Can't leave Microsoft family: So I am under 18, Microsoft isn't allowing me to change my age, leave my familyeven though there is no one else other than me and I'm the organizer, or join another family bcs I'm already in one, how do i leave my family or inv someone else into the family....