Windows 10: Can't left click items in Taskbar

Discus and support Can't left click items in Taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help. So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jcrm87, Mar 6, 2020.

1. /u/Jcrm87 Win User

Can't left click items in Taskbar

Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help.

So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't find a solution. I simply can't click on the items in my taskbar, like the Windows menu, search, or the notification area. Neither time/calendar, battery status, volume... Left-click works on minimized or pinned apps and folders, right-click works on everything, but that's it. Left-click won't work on most items.

I've been searching and found this post with my exact same problems: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/host-flapping-between-ports-fix/td-p/2015311

I've tried all the suggested options and nothing worked. If you scroll down, there's a second option using the Powershell that indeed found errors but didn't change anything. Funny enough, I think I also have the "DNS flapping" problem another user mentions in that post (my internet has been disconnecting randomly and I couldn't find the cause).

Can somebody give me any ideas on what to do? Anything I can try to fix the problem without losing my installed stuff and so? I tried checkdisck, BitDefender scan, found nothing. I'm desperate!

Thank you again!

submitted by /u/Jcrm87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jcrm87, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

How do I move the taskbar icons back to the left?

Hi,

Kindly follow these steps to return the icons on the left side of the Taskbar:

• Right click on the empty Taskbar and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Right click again on empty Taskbar and hover the mouse on Toolbar.
    • Click New folder.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Can't left click items in Taskbar

Left click stopped working on taskbar items

I believe I am running windows 10.0.10586 and as of yesterday the taskbar items Start, Cortana, Speaker control and notification will not work with the left mouse key. why did this just start and how can I get the left mouse back working? Thanks

DavidCharlesMiller, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't left click items in Taskbar

1. Can't left click items in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't left click

2. Win 11 - Unable to left-click items in taskbar on the right-hand side.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Unable to left-click items in taskbar on the right-hand side.: Left-click on the taskbar icons on the right side, like sound volume, network, messages, and the calendar, doesn't open the usual menu. The only way to access these icons' options is to right-click and open dedicated Settings pages.The left-click function's loss happened two...
  3. Win 11 - Unable to left-click items in taskbar on the right-hand side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Unable to left-click items in taskbar on the right-hand side.: Left-click on the taskbar icons on the right side, like sound volume, network, messages, and the calendar, doesn't open the usual menu. The only way to access these icons' options is to right-click and open dedicated Settings pages.The left-click function's loss happened two...
  4. can't right click taskbar items after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't right click taskbar items after update: after this update I can't right click on items that exist in taskbar when I uninstall this update everything back to normal how I fix this without uninstall the update or prevent this update to install in the future...
  5. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  6. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  7. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  8. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Volume will not open with left click: My volume control, calendar and network status on my windows 10 task-bar stopped working last week. I can still right click an choose open but I get all options. My quick launch still works with the left click. What happened to cause this and how do I fix it? 47513
  9. Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click: Just did a clean install of W10 Pro X64 on my recently inherited PC and have discovered that folders I have pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar can no longer be opened with left click. Have to use right click and the Open. This did work normally when I cloned the system from...
  10. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons: Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works. When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant click on taskbar items windows 10