Windows 10: Can't load Calc or switch accounts

Discus and support Can't load Calc or switch accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When trying to use Windows 10's Calculator I get this: [img] Also, Windows 10 won't let me switch out of my Local User Account back to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Badfinger, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Badfinger Win User

Can't load Calc or switch accounts

When trying to use Windows 10's Calculator I get this:

Can't load Calc or switch accounts [​IMG]

Also, Windows 10 won't let me switch out of my Local User Account back to my Microsoft Account, if I try, it gives me the active circle for a short duration and a quick open and closed CMD screen with no discernible commands seen in it, just open/closed in a split second behind the Setting/Accounts screen and doesn't switch me at all.

I am using Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O ShutUp10 also to block M$ stuff.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I did a fresh install after a unstable 'upgrade', though successful.

:)

Badfinger, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Rick_766 Win User

Windows installer

Greg - Wanted to let you and others know that I did resolve my issue with MSI (Microsoft Windows Installer) starting while starting other programs. After restoring to a previous time before I started to have this issue I reinstalled a load calculation program,
    then started it and MSI once again started to reinstall my accounting software. After ending that process I then repaired the accounting software through Control Panel's Programs>Uninstall/Change a program. I then tried starting the load calc program and MSI
    once again wanted to reinstall the accounting software. But, this time I let it run and it prompted me that it was re-configuring the accounting software and to please insert the install disk. I did and it then reconfigured the software successfully and I
    haven't had the problem since. It seems as though the accounting software installation got nixed by the load calc's installer program which is a version of MSI, I think. However, this also happened after I re-installed the other load calc software I have which
    is not made by the same company as the first load calc software. So, I can't say for sure it was a bad version of MSI from the vendor that caused this. I'd like to know your thoughts on this. Of course after going through a lot of head scratching trying to
    get this resolved, as well as having lady luck on my side, after it was resolved I created a restore point and backed up the hard drive. I am also going to document this so I don't need to try and remember what I did to resolve it.

Thanks again for your help and I hope this will help others too. Have a great weekend!

Rick_766, Jan 23, 2016
  3. CharStan Win User
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, Get Help, Give Feedback all not working, Reg keys corrupt?

The machine does not really mater in this case as it is software. But, it is an ASUS P8Z77LE PLUS MOBO, 32GB RAM, 6T HD with 1TSSD "C" drive.

I created a new account, gave that account admin rights and signed out of my account and into the new account. Calculator, Store, Get Help, Give Feedback all fail the same. As I said in my original post, I have "Re-Loaded" Windows 10 many times, saving apps
    and data. I have allowed updating of Windows. No update or refresh of Windows has fix the issue.

I can't run Stroe (A wonderful block microsoft has thrown in to loading apps) so I can't load "Store", "Calc", "Get Help" or "Give Feedback"

How about reg keys? When I "Reset" the app (Store, Calc) the reset goes through but does not allow the app to run. Seems Reset only releases the memory used by the app.

CharStan, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Badfinger Win User

This back to here and a reboot fixed it.

Still annoyed with it telling me too often, which is why I always got rid of it in the first place.

Badfinger, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't load Calc or switch accounts - Similar Threads - Can't load Calc

2. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  3. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  4. calc - Calculator switching Alt+num Easter-features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calc - Calculator switching Alt+num Easter-features: TL/DR calc has keyboard combinations to access at least 7 types of calculators. ALT+H is a good way to reveal them. There are CTRL function combinations revealed with mouse-over when their functions are available Calc, the native Windows10 calculator allows these alt+key...
  5. Can't switch to other accounts

Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  6. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  7. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't switch account to admin!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch account to admin!: So, my account was at admin privileges until something happened and I signed in as a standard user, and now, I can't switch back to admin. I tried trough the User accounts, and the cmd. I basically lost control of my computer please help!...
  9. Can't switch to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch to a Microsoft account: I can't switch to a Microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop. I'm trying to sign in with a Microsoft account instead from a local account. It says it need to install an app for the task. It offers to search in the Microsoft Store, but it displays "Try that again. Page could...
  10. Can't switch accounts

Can't switch accounts: A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there....