Windows 10: Can't load Calc or switch accounts

Discus and support Can't load Calc or switch accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When trying to use Windows 10's Calculator I get this: [img] Also, Windows 10 won't let me switch out of my Local User Account back to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Badfinger, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Badfinger Win User

Can't load Calc or switch accounts

When trying to use Windows 10's Calculator I get this:

Can't load Calc or switch accounts [​IMG]

Also, Windows 10 won't let me switch out of my Local User Account back to my Microsoft Account, if I try, it gives me the active circle for a short duration and a quick open and closed CMD screen with no discernible commands seen in it, just open/closed in a split second behind the Setting/Accounts screen and doesn't switch me at all.

I am using Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O ShutUp10 also to block M$ stuff.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I did a fresh install after a unstable 'upgrade', though successful.

:)

Badfinger, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Rick_766 Win User

Windows installer

Greg - Wanted to let you and others know that I did resolve my issue with MSI (Microsoft Windows Installer) starting while starting other programs. After restoring to a previous time before I started to have this issue I reinstalled a load calculation program,
    then started it and MSI once again started to reinstall my accounting software. After ending that process I then repaired the accounting software through Control Panel's Programs>Uninstall/Change a program. I then tried starting the load calc program and MSI
    once again wanted to reinstall the accounting software. But, this time I let it run and it prompted me that it was re-configuring the accounting software and to please insert the install disk. I did and it then reconfigured the software successfully and I
    haven't had the problem since. It seems as though the accounting software installation got nixed by the load calc's installer program which is a version of MSI, I think. However, this also happened after I re-installed the other load calc software I have which
    is not made by the same company as the first load calc software. So, I can't say for sure it was a bad version of MSI from the vendor that caused this. I'd like to know your thoughts on this. Of course after going through a lot of head scratching trying to
    get this resolved, as well as having lady luck on my side, after it was resolved I created a restore point and backed up the hard drive. I am also going to document this so I don't need to try and remember what I did to resolve it.

Thanks again for your help and I hope this will help others too. Have a great weekend!

Rick_766, Jan 23, 2016
  3. CharStan Win User
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, Get Help, Give Feedback all not working, Reg keys corrupt?

The machine does not really mater in this case as it is software. But, it is an ASUS P8Z77LE PLUS MOBO, 32GB RAM, 6T HD with 1TSSD "C" drive.

I created a new account, gave that account admin rights and signed out of my account and into the new account. Calculator, Store, Get Help, Give Feedback all fail the same. As I said in my original post, I have "Re-Loaded" Windows 10 many times, saving apps
    and data. I have allowed updating of Windows. No update or refresh of Windows has fix the issue.

I can't run Stroe (A wonderful block microsoft has thrown in to loading apps) so I can't load "Store", "Calc", "Get Help" or "Give Feedback"

How about reg keys? When I "Reset" the app (Store, Calc) the reset goes through but does not allow the app to run. Seems Reset only releases the memory used by the app.

CharStan, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Badfinger Win User

This back to here and a reboot fixed it.

Still annoyed with it telling me too often, which is why I always got rid of it in the first place.

Badfinger, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't load Calc or switch accounts - Similar Threads - Can't load Calc

2. Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: Not sure if the problem is with my Windows or with Microsoft. I changed my account to a local one (for some reason I can't remember) before I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried changing it back to a Microsoft account, I am able to type in my account, password, my computer...
  3. Can't switch accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch accounts: A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there....
  4. Switching Accounts on Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Accounts on Laptop: When I first bought this laptop I registered the administrator account under an account I do not have anymore because it has been stolen. I wanted to try and switch, but it asked me to sign out using the password which I don't have. Please help, I have not been able to...
  5. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  6. Can't switch account Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't switch account Windows 10: I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were therefore going to create a separate account that wasn't linked to Windows in order to get the drive to map properly. I've...
  7. Can't switch account Windows 10

Can't switch account Windows 10: I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were therefore going to create a separate account that wasn't linked to Windows in order to get the drive to map properly. I've...
  8. Can't Switch login accounts; gives error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Switch login accounts; gives error: Hello! I recently purchased a lenovo aio computer. After allowing it to do all the updates, I wanted to add my daughter and another family member as users. I made their profiles and now when I try to login under their names it says " The User Profile Service service failed...
  9. Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10: Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any ideas/suggestions welcome. 39503
  10. Problems Switching Accounts

Problems Switching Accounts: I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all. I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on. Anyone...