Windows 10: Can’t load user profile after factory reset.

Discus and support Can’t load user profile after factory reset. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’ve seen posts with the same problem. I just performed a factory reset, it finished resetting and showed me the same sign in screen I normally see. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WaneNO, May 8, 2022.

1. WaneNO Win User

Can’t load user profile after factory reset.

I’ve seen posts with the same problem. I just performed a factory reset, it finished resetting and showed me the same sign in screen I normally see. I go and try to put in my pin, and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded”. The thing is every solution says sign into a different profile, but this is the only profile I have on this laptop. I’m stuck on the sign in screen and can’t do anything. Need help asap, have finals tomorrow. Windows 10

:)

WaneNO, May 8, 2022

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, May 8, 2022
  3. VinceB Win User
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, May 8, 2022
  4. Can’t load user profile after factory reset.

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Can’t load user profile after factory reset.

1. Can’t load user profile after factory reset. - Similar Threads - Can’t load user

2. User profile cannot be loaded, after I tried factory resetting.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User profile cannot be loaded, after I tried factory resetting.: Restarted five times now, cannot get into safe mode using F4, F8, Shift + Restart, nada. Search bar inaccessible because the whole screen just goes with that error message, I’m about to throw this thing out the window. Someone please friggin’ help....
  3. User profile cannot be loaded, after I tried factory resetting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be loaded, after I tried factory resetting.: Restarted five times now, cannot get into safe mode using F4, F8, Shift + Restart, nada. Search bar inaccessible because the whole screen just goes with that error message, I’m about to throw this thing out the window. Someone please friggin’ help....
  4. User profile cannot be loaded, after I tried factory resetting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Profile Services failure error after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profile Services failure error after factory reset: I factory reset my Windows10 laptop, using remove all my personal files option. After it's done, my user profile is still there, and when i try to sign in, it gives "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in" error, and I can't seem to do anything about it.Is there...
  6. User not loading after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User not loading after factory reset: So I factory reset my laptop because I was having problems with it then after the reset it had a loading screen “undoing changes” I thought that was part of the process so I just went with it after the reset it brought me back to the login screen which is weird after a...
  7. User not loading after factory reset

User not loading after factory reset: So I factory reset my laptop because I was having problems with it then after the reset it had a loading screen “undoing changes” I thought that was part of the process so I just went with it after the reset it brought me back to the login screen which is weird after a...
  8. User not loading after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can’t load user profile after factory reset.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t load user profile after factory reset.: I’ve seen posts with the same problem. I just performed a factory reset, it finished resetting and showed me the same sign in screen I normally see. I go and try to put in my pin, and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...
  10. Can’t load user profile after factory reset.

Can’t load user profile after factory reset.: I’ve seen posts with the same problem. I just performed a factory reset, it finished resetting and showed me the same sign in screen I normally see. I go and try to put in my pin, and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...