Windows 10: Can't load video in Photos App

Discus and support Can't load video in Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In new video Add video From PC I select a wmv file and I get a message "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KentErickson, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Can't load video in Photos App

In new video

Add video

From PC

I select a wmv file and I get a message "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files"

I have tried selecting .avi, .mov files as well and get error messages.

When I added a very short video from my collection it loaded OK so I tried to add folders but when I added the folders they didn't appear.

I don't think that it is a video format problem but don't know what else to do. Also, I have tried it on two devices - an HP laptop and a Surface Pro 3, both core i7 machines

:)

KentErickson, Mar 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Photo app

Hi Luka,

There is a possibility that there is an app or a driver conflicting with the photos app and causes this issue to arise. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps to fix this.

• Uninstall the Photos app.
    • Perform Clean Boot - This troubleshooting step makes sure that there are no third party apps is causing software conflicts
      as it only loads minimum drivers and startup programs. Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal
      startup after fixing the issue.
    • Reinstall the Photos app.

Please let us know about the results.

Katrina Men, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Photos app not loading videos

Hey there. Sadly the things you suggested STILL did not work for me. The thumbnails actually did not change when I set the program to Windows Media Player, even after I logged out and logged back in. Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

MTMasterGaming, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't load video in Photos App

Movie Editor in the photos app keeps uploading a pink/purple video instead of the actual video

Hi Emma Epps,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is this issue occurring with all the video app, or with the particular video file?
    2. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the system?
    4. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to
      Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

It seems likely this pink artifacts on export issue is caused by display driver compatibility issues. However, I suggest you to follow the below method and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn off hardware-accelerated video encoding in Settings

1. Open photo app and select settings
    2. At the bottom you will find your app version number in the About this app section
    3. If you are running version 2018.180710.00 or greater
      there will also be a Video section with a toggle on this page
    4. You should try turning off this toggle, which will disable hardware-accelerated video encoding, then exporting your video.

I also suggest you to refer this Thread
    Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem
    , from Sarah S (Microsoft)
    Replied on July 14, 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't load video in Photos App

1. Can't load video in Photos App - Similar Threads - Can't load video

2. photos app will not load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app will not load: cannot load photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-will-not-load/f557d6cd-d590-4822-ba53-5eb1bb31b800
  3. photos app will not load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app will not load: cannot load photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-will-not-load/f557d6cd-d590-4822-ba53-5eb1bb31b800
  4. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  5. Videos on Photos app

Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  6. Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app

Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app: When I select 'save a photo from video' in the Films & TV app it takes me to the Photos app where I then get the error message 'something went wrong, please try that again' when I select 'Save a photo'. I have checked my app is up to date and I don't have the video open in...
  7. Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app

Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app: I'm pretty sure this is a new issue that appeared with the latest updates. I have Windows 10 feature update version 2004 and cummulative update for X64 KB4566782. I am not able to view some .mp4 videos in Photos or Windows Media Player. The audio works, but the video...
  8. photo app not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo app not loading: photo app not loading when it does load running very very slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-not-loading/3fd503ff-723e-410b-a747-4f687632e8e1
  9. "Photo App" loaded with SPAM

"Photo App" loaded with SPAM: I have just downloaded MS Photo App from Win 10 app store and found that when run - it comes up with advert after advert - ie SPAM Is this the way that MS is going ?...
  10. Sway app not loading videos

Sway app not loading videos: I am using Microsoft sway There are two videos that won't play despite it being mp4 just like the other videos. I'm not sure what is different with these videos vs the rest. 1. I uploaded from external drive, like the other videos. 2. I tried using onedrive. 3. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows video editor error something went wrong and we couldnt add some files

2. something went wrong and we couldnt add some files

3. photos greyed outin microsoft sway