Windows 10: can't locate .msi file

Discus and support can't locate .msi file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated Paintshop Pro X9 to Paintshop Pro 2019 (purchased online with a digital download). Today I was advised that there was an update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kashegan, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Kashegan Win User

can't locate .msi file

I recently updated Paintshop Pro X9 to Paintshop Pro 2019 (purchased online with a digital download). Today I was advised that there was an update and tried to install it. however very soon after the update started it requested the location of the PSPPro.msi file. Despite several attempts I cannot locate this file anywhere on the computer, presumably because it was created as a temporary file at install but deleted afterwards. can anyone advise how I can resolve this issue please?

:)

Kashegan, Oct 20, 2018

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Oct 20, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Can`t install any .msi file

Hi NikitaVologdins

Where are the MSI package files located - are they in your Downloads or Documents folder?

Try moving those to a different folder and run them from there to see if they run . . .

DaveM121, Oct 20, 2018
  4. can't locate .msi file

msi computer camera cannot be located

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • How are you trying to setup or locate Webcam?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to launch/open any application which requires Webcam to access. For example, you may open Skype application or Picasa and check if you are able to locate Webcam. When you launch the application webcam automatically
    get started.

Kindly get back to us with the status and the information asked above to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

can't locate .msi file

1. can't locate .msi file - Similar Threads - can't locate msi

2. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't install a msi file.: Hi.My laptop is not a private pc. It is associated with an organization. I can't change the "choose where to get appsa' at all. My pc edition is Windows 10 pro and the version is 22H2. Please help. Thank you....
  3. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't install a msi file.: Hi.My laptop is not a private pc. It is associated with an organization. I can't change the "choose where to get appsa' at all. My pc edition is Windows 10 pro and the version is 22H2. Please help. Thank you....
  4. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. .msi files not downloading

.msi files not downloading: whenever i try to install a msi file it keeps showing select an app to open the msi file. it is however not downloading. I am using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-files-not-downloading/c230507e-dae3-438c-9d18-faf64820f080
  6. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  7. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  8. Can't run msi Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run msi Files: I Can't install msi Files. When i try to open it its says this: [ATTACH] This happens only on .msi files. Anyone can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-msi-files/92305532-8d02-4c81-8f23-d9feb3209260"
  9. Can't locate Temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  10. How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root: On windows 10, how to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file (partial random name, for ex. msi1a234.tmp)? If a MSIsamplefile.msi is run from a dir. under D: drive it creates these files in root of D:\ drive Please help me ! this's so bad and silly windows' conduct 102207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. psppro.msi