Windows 10: Can't locate printers to see their status

Discus and support Can't locate printers to see their status in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been looking in file explorer and can't find my printers. What do I look under?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CatherineTaylor2, May 21, 2019.

1. Can't locate printers to see their status

I've been looking in file explorer and can't find my printers. What do I look under?

:)

CatherineTaylor2, May 21, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

printer status

Hi Dick,

You may modify the settings to change the printer status. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    to change printer status from offline to online.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 21, 2019
  3. Printer shows status as offline in windows 10

Have you tried following the steps to manually repair your printer as suggested on the
    HP Support website?

If so, you may download and run the Printer troubleshooter from this link.
    Also, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + X, then select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand the printer driver icon.
    • Right-click the driver and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Reinstall the driver.

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, May 21, 2019
  4. Can't locate printers to see their status

Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Hi Snipe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model number of your printer?
    3. When exactly do you face this issue?

I suggest you to first Set The Printer As Default and then refer
    Change the printer's status to "online" and change the default status to
    online.

This way, the printer will be default and the status will be always Online.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't locate printers to see their status

1. Can't locate printers to see their status - Similar Threads - Can't locate printers

2. Printer Offline status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Offline status: Having two different issues with our printers connecting and getting up and running. We have two hp laserjet pro mfp m227fdw printers using Windows 10 and connecting over the same wifi.The first issue when connecting to the printer A is the printer is offline and can not get...
  3. Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...

Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...: I connected my Canon printer to my HP Spectre laptop running the latest build of Win10 directly via USB for the first time, did Canon's setup, and the printer works great - but in Settings/Devices, there's no printer connected. Searching for a printer results in nothing...
  4. Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...: I connected my Canon printer to my HP Spectre laptop running the latest build of Win10 directly via USB for the first time, did Canon's setup, and the printer works great - but in Settings/Devices, there's no printer connected. Searching for a printer results in nothing...
  5. printer status

printer status: windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please....
  6. printer status

printer status: printer status denial unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/967a71f3-8528-4814-9906-4977b7cadcb7
  7. printer ink status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer ink status: need to check printer ink status, how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink-status/66971b32-5caf-4a81-a1a8-8e0e269e94ba
  8. printer status

printer status: My printer is in an idle status. How do I make it active? It prints a WIndows Printer Test Page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/e6255a3b-c427-4eec-88ab-6062bd1fb16e
  9. Printer Status

Printer Status: How do I fix the following: Printer Status: Default, Attention Required This error message is from W10 Home system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-status/7b6aa3aa-dfa5-4d3b-a799-cbdeb6327434
  10. Can't view printer status after removing update.

Can't view printer status after removing update.: Hi. I was on Windows build 1607, installed one of the cumulative update. But created issues with me. So I removed the update. Ever since (2 months) My printer status stopped working at all. Doesn't pop up when printing, nor when clicking on "View printer status" at...