Windows 10: Can't locate Temporary files

Discus and support Can't locate Temporary files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John_Rodrigues, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Can't locate Temporary files

Hi,

I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show.

Kindly help me on this matter.

Regards,

John Rodrigues

:)

John_Rodrigues, Nov 15, 2018

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 15, 2018
  3. 42gration Win User
    How to view temporary internet files in Windows 10

Follow the steps below for locating temporary files:

- Open either Microsoft Internet Explorer or the Windows Control Panel.

- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and choose the Internet Options.

- In the Temporary Internet Files section of the Internet Properties window, click the "Settings..." button. A new "Settings" window appears.

- In the "Settings" window, click the "View Files." This will launch a list of all websites you’ve visited, also known as your Temporary Internet Files or Browser Cache.

42gration, Nov 15, 2018
  4. NShafkat Win User

Can't locate Temporary files

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Can't locate Temporary files

1. Can't locate Temporary files - Similar Threads - Can't locate Temporary

2. "error writing to the temporary location"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "error writing to the temporary location": Hi, I have windows 10 pro 22h2 and I have downloaded application running java environment and its files but when I click app it occurs "error writing to the temporary location" by the way, I saw "error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid". my friends...
  3. Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.: Hi, I need some help clearing storages spaces in D Drive. However, whenever I got to the storage setting, there was no option to delete temporary files. Screenshot 1 & 2. 1. 2. I did try to delete it from the D Drive Folders. It also says 0 GB of temporary files Screenshot 3....
  4. Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.: Hi, I need some help clearing storages spaces in D Drive. However, whenever I got to the storage setting, there was no option to delete temporary files. Screenshot 1 & 2. 1. 2. I did try to delete it from the D Drive Folders. It also says 0 GB of temporary files Screenshot 3....
  5. Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How can you identify and locate Temporary Files

How can you identify and locate Temporary Files: Under Windows 10 Start->Settings->System->Storage->C: - my 1TB drive shows 746GB used and 184GB Free - and the breakdown from there is: Other: 231GB Temporary Files: 128GB <-------?? Pictures: 118GB Other People:...
  7. Temporary files can't be deleted

Temporary files can't be deleted: I have a windows 10 device. For a long time I have needed to complete an update. After recently buying a 32gb memory stick but it only has 30 gb's on it I have tried to update. The windows 10 update assistant says I need to clear 8gb off my computer. I see my temporary files...
  8. 1152: Error extracting files to the temporary location

in Windows 10 News
    1152: Error extracting files to the temporary location: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you extract the contents of a file or when an installation is in progress, the extraction of its files to a temporary location fails, then this post may help you. Some times in a situation like this, you may [...] This post 1152: Error extracting files...
  9. Temporary Files can't be fully accessed

Temporary Files can't be fully accessed: When I go into my storage to try and delete my temporary files, I'm only able to get rid of a few. When the temporary files option appears on the Storage Usage screen, it states that it has 30.8 GBs of unneeded data. Yet, when I try to select it so that I can get rid of...
  10. Can't get rid of temporary files

Can't get rid of temporary files: I have 13.0 GB left in temporary files after doing a cleanup. This all happened after having usual problems following an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-temporary-files/87a43279-8f1b-457f-976c-8efcecdfb15e"