Windows 10: Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

Discus and support Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so, my windows 10 update wont install because my system BIOS needs upgrading. then I download the ASUS BIOS update to my computer, then I extract the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnetteLockley, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

so, my windows 10 update wont install because my system BIOS needs upgrading.

then I download the ASUS BIOS update to my computer, then I extract the file to a USB stick.

then I enter the BIOS, I can locate the USB stick, BUT I cannot see the new BIOS update file to complete the update??????????

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????

:)

AnnetteLockley, Dec 7, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 7, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Ashraf Win User

Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Hi,

My bios is not listed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashraf, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

1. Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS? - Similar Threads - Cant locate file

2. Cant access bios Dell Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant access bios Dell Desktop: I am trying to reinstall windows on my Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop PC. I have downloaded the media creation tool and prepared a bootab;le USB stick. However using F12 or F2 the optioons that pop up when I first power up I can't get into the Bios. 121426
  3. DELL BIOS USB not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DELL BIOS USB not showing: The usb is not showing but it is plugged in...[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-bios-usb-not-showing/8dcac72a-c996-49e2-94b7-231b98b874c8
  4. No bootable Device and Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    No bootable Device and Cant access BIOS: Hi I just downgrade my windows 8.1 toshiba laptop to windows 7. After reboot the notification was contastly appearing on my black screen and only stops when I press any key. I thought I done something in my Bios setting I think its the Bios setting option. I tried to access...
  5. No bootalbe Device and Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    No bootalbe Device and Cant access BIOS: Hi I just downgrade my windows 8.1 toshiba laptop to windows 7. After reboot the notification was contastly appearing on my black screen and only stops when I press any key. I thought I done something in my Bios setting I think its the Bios setting option. I tried to access...
  6. BIOS - What USB format??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS - What USB format??: Can I use an ordinary data storage USB?? I have an ASUS board in which there is a BIOS update available. The EUFI BIOS has the Easy Flash Update option so when downloading the BIOS and copying it onto the USB flash Drive,..can it be on a USB stick that is formatted in...
  7. USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS

USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS: Hi Team, My laptop keyboard had liquid spilled over it so it stopped working. I took it to a local repair shop who tried to unplug-replug the keyboard cable but it did not work. So as a workaround we kept the USB cord unplugged and this way USB keyboard started working...
  8. USB Backup drive location

USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...
  9. cant get by innitial bios start screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cant get by innitial bios start screen: Don't think I ever had an issue like this...per attached jpg when I went to restart the PC last night...system freezes at the attached point...keyboard and/or mouse do not respond to this screen...never has happened before Tried different wireless and USB direct key boards...
  10. Open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location: When I select "Open file location" it opens the program folder. EDIT: The issue may be that I used "ProgramLocation\ProgramName" "FileLocation\FileName" to open the file because it is Excel and this prevents it opening in the same instance. EDIT 2: That is the problem,...