Windows 10: Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

Discus and support Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so, my windows 10 update wont install because my system BIOS needs upgrading. then I download the ASUS BIOS update to my computer, then I extract the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnetteLockley, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

so, my windows 10 update wont install because my system BIOS needs upgrading.

then I download the ASUS BIOS update to my computer, then I extract the file to a USB stick.

then I enter the BIOS, I can locate the USB stick, BUT I cannot see the new BIOS update file to complete the update??????????

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????

:)

AnnetteLockley, Dec 7, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 7, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Ashraf Win User

Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Hi,

My bios is not listed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashraf, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS?

1. Cant locate the file on the USB in the BIOS? - Similar Threads - Cant locate file

2. I cant restore the Documents file to correct location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant restore the Documents file to correct location: I have sent the documents file to my d hard drive thinking i would free up my storage but however i came back today and when i clicked on chrome it showed saying "it might have been removed, renamed or deleted Do you want to remove this file " and i want to restore it back...
  3. Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access BIOS: When i restart my computer to access the BIOS or access via terminal it appears a black screen saying "input not supported" its working but i cant see nothing i can only select things random...
  4. Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access BIOS: When i restart my computer to access the BIOS or access via terminal it appears a black screen saying "input not supported" its working but i cant see nothing i can only select things random...
  5. Cant get into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get into bios: So got a new pc with windows 11. and I am trying to access bios to slow down my fan speed. I can restart my pc and everything is normal, but when I restart with shift pressed or try to advanced start or whatever its called, I just get a black screen. And I have a Logitech...
  6. Cant get into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get into bios: So got a new pc with windows 11. and I am trying to access bios to slow down my fan speed. I can restart my pc and everything is normal, but when I restart with shift pressed or try to advanced start or whatever its called, I just get a black screen. And I have a Logitech...
  7. Cant transfer files to a USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant transfer files to a USB: So I've a bunch of files that I wanna transfer, but Windows keeps saying that the USB was write-protected(even when it's not). I've tried using the security tab in properties, register editor and even diskpartiton but nothin worked I managed to narrow it down to 3 folders...
  8. Cant reinstall windows 10 from USB BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant reinstall windows 10 from USB BIOS: Hello, so recently I want to reinstall my windows using USB from the bios because I got a blue acreen saying my operating system can not run or something so I tried to reinstall/reformat my laptop but when I tried to select the usb as my bootable device I only get a glimpse...
  9. cant open file location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant open file location: Hi! im trying to open the file location for a file by right clicking it and underneath the open option should there be a open file location option right? well its not there does anybody know how to fix it? submitted by /u/EggminDev [link] [comments]...
  10. Cant Find Bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Find Bios: i cant access my Bios to enable virtualization. ive looked at pleny of videos but i just cant find it. im tryimg to get my pc ready for a virtual machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-bios/d29dd745-a63f-40c6-ac64-4947fa504738