Windows 10: Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

Discus and support Can’t log back into pc in safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I used amd clean and ask me to go into safe mode because of error. I did so but now when i go to log in screen i cant type in my password. Mouse doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by barryjones2020, May 4, 2021.

1. Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

I used amd clean and ask me to go into safe mode because of error. I did so but now when i go to log in screen i cant type in my password. Mouse doesnt work or keybourd it seems. But if i open command prompt i can type. Is there any way i can get into my windows and maybe change not needing password whislt i get this problem sorted.

:)

barryjones2020, May 4, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 4, 2021
  3. Is it the same to log into safe mode in tablet as in pc

Hi Kermit,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you require, I would like to inform that you can access Safe Mode through your Settings Screen and this will not require you to use a keyboard as well. To do so follow the steps below

• Tab on the Start menu and click on Settings.

• Select Update & security > Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in
      Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 4, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

Safe Mode log in

Hi Richard,

PIN password option on safe mode is not enabled. You will only be allowed to use a password to access your computer in safe mode. To assist you better, kindly answer these questions below:

• Are you referring to a local user account or a Microsoft account?

Is your computer connected to the network via WiFi or through an Ethernet cable?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri on March 19, 2016?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

1. Can’t log back into pc in safe mode - Similar Threads - Can’t log safe

2. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  3. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  4. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode: After shutting down my desktop last night, I turned it on today and it’s got to password box and it shows my second display as black and I can move my cursor to it. Usually it would not have signal on my second display until I logged in. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work and it...
  5. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode: After shutting down my desktop last night, I turned it on today and it’s got to password box and it shows my second display as black and I can move my cursor to it. Usually it would not have signal on my second display until I logged in. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work and it...
  6. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode: I have tried going through troubleshooting and restarted in safe mode with networking but it does nothing, ive tried the command promt option but it still wont accept my password. Any ideas?...
  8. Can’t log in during windows safe mode

Can’t log in during windows safe mode: So basically I was trying to uninstall my graphics card drivers and it told me to reboot in safe mode but now I can’t seem to log in. I use the correct password and it still won’t let me log in. Not much else I can say....
  9. No network after activating safe mode, can’t log in.

No network after activating safe mode, can’t log in.: Hi all. Ive been having issues with my pc becoming unresponsive after a few minutes on a regular basis. Per a community suggestion, i put the PC into safe mode to limit services and identify if any extra service might be causing the problem. Once in safe mode, I lost...
  10. Can’t sign in with safe mode

Can’t sign in with safe mode: Ok,so I restarted my computer in safe mode not knowing i need a different password,i done this by the msconfig method. I am not sure if I use microsoft account or local accout for it, I changed my microsoft accout password,and restarted in safe mode with networking,but my...