Windows 10: Cant log in after clean boot

Discus and support Cant log in after clean boot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had a stuck windows update where it kept asking me to restart and update but it would restart without updating so i fallowed instructions through... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gabi.Matcz, May 18, 2019.

1. Cant log in after clean boot

I had a stuck windows update where it kept asking me to restart and update but it would restart without updating so i fallowed instructions through several different methods from thewindowsclub which directed me onto an article about how to do a clean boot i first did one where just disabled startup items and disabled everything other than microsoft services in the services tab of msconfig.

this didn't help so I followed the next step and also disabled load system services.

now its asking me to log in via password instead of pin that I normally use and no password is working.

I tried the SHIFT/Restart and got to the advanced options but if I try to use any of them my screen turns off, the pc stays on but nothing other than manually holding the power button to turn it off works.

its a local account and there aren't any other accounts on the pc that I know of.

:)

Gabi.Matcz, May 18, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 18, 2019
  4. Cant log in after clean boot

Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Cant log in after clean boot

1. Cant log in after clean boot - Similar Threads - Cant log clean

2. after clean boot, no games work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, no games work: after clean boot, no games work. i got tech support earlier and no games work, kernal failiure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clean-boot-no-games-work/a33e6eff-7872-46ce-8fd3-c4098064b741
  3. after clean boot, no games work

in Windows 10 Customization
    after clean boot, no games work: after clean boot, no games work. i got tech support earlier and no games work, kernal failiure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clean-boot-no-games-work/a33e6eff-7872-46ce-8fd3-c4098064b741
  4. Unable to find utilman.exe: logged out after clean boot attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find utilman.exe: logged out after clean boot attempt: Hello,I am not able to enter my pin in order to sign in to windows. This happened after I performed a clean boot through MSconfig. The situation is very similar to what has been described here:windows 10 - Can't login after choosing "Diagnostic startup" in msconfig? - Super...
  5. Unable to find utilman.exe: logged out after clean boot attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find utilman.exe: logged out after clean boot attempt: Hello,I am not able to enter my pin in order to sign in to windows. This happened after I performed a clean boot through MSconfig. The situation is very similar to what has been described here:windows 10 - Can't login after choosing "Diagnostic startup" in msconfig? - Super...
  6. Pin not available after clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not available after clean boot: I did a clean boot on my computer and now my pin won’t work. When i try to set up a new pin it tries to take me to the app store and it won’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-not-available-after-clean-boot/fb6eac40-aa82-488a-b7d3-276e97969115
  7. Pin not available after clean boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pin not available after clean boot: I did a clean boot on my computer and now my pin won’t work. When i try to set up a new pin it tries to take me to the app store and it won’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-not-available-after-clean-boot/fb6eac40-aa82-488a-b7d3-276e97969115
  8. Help! i cant boot my pc after boot log enable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! i cant boot my pc after boot log enable: i know the risks of using the boot configuration. i maximized the mb of ram and turned on bootlog. but my computer refuses to boot after restarting. please help!!! i don't want to buy another pc :...
  9. Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot: Yep So my bluetooth has completely stopped functioning after a clean boot. Tired uninstalling bluetooth drivers via device manager and now they won't reinstall, bluetooth no longer appears on the manager, yes even under hidden devices. The button to enable bluetooth...
  10. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot: I had a app preventing shut down problem so i tried to perform clean boot as per following: Press Windows key + X key. And select Run. Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select theHide all...