Windows 10: Cant log in after clean boot

Discus and support Cant log in after clean boot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had a stuck windows update where it kept asking me to restart and update but it would restart without updating so i fallowed instructions through... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gabi.Matcz, May 18, 2019.

1. Cant log in after clean boot

I had a stuck windows update where it kept asking me to restart and update but it would restart without updating so i fallowed instructions through several different methods from thewindowsclub which directed me onto an article about how to do a clean boot i first did one where just disabled startup items and disabled everything other than microsoft services in the services tab of msconfig.

this didn't help so I followed the next step and also disabled load system services.

now its asking me to log in via password instead of pin that I normally use and no password is working.

I tried the SHIFT/Restart and got to the advanced options but if I try to use any of them my screen turns off, the pc stays on but nothing other than manually holding the power button to turn it off works.

its a local account and there aren't any other accounts on the pc that I know of.

:)

Gabi.Matcz, May 18, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 18, 2019
  4. Cant log in after clean boot

Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Cant log in after clean boot

1. Cant log in after clean boot - Similar Threads - Cant log clean

2. Can't login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login after performing clean boot: Hello, While performing clean boot process I made a mistake. I didn't tick the box with 'hide all microsoft services' and I clicked disable all..... Now I'm stucked up in login page where I can't login with pin or Microsoft password.. Please me out. Thank you....
  3. Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.: Hey all hopefully you can be of assistance. I bought a new/used rx480 to replace my 1060 3gb. I swapped out the hardware and since then I have not been able to get past my bios screen. For awhile I was getting the diagnosing your pc screen that would sit for ages. I...
  4. Cant activate after a clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant activate after a clean install of windows 10: Hi all, I have had my pc for about 3 years now, it was a custom build sent to me from a trusted 3rd party. The pc initially came with windows 7/8.1 and I received the windows 10 upgrade through the insider program. After 3 years the PC had became a bit sluggish and I felt...
  5. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot: I had a app preventing shut down problem so i tried to perform clean boot as per following: Press Windows key + X key. And select Run. Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select theHide all...
  6. Network not working after clean boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not working after clean boot: I recently had some issues with my computer which were resolved after a clean boot. However, after doing the clean boot, my network stopped working. It is a desktop pc and had wifi, however now it shows a computer with a red "x" circle, and there is no wifi symbol. Can...
  7. Clean boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean boot: Hi I was attempting a clean boot. On the services tab I checked the hide Microsoft services then clicked on disable all. At this point I got the hour glass...then after 5 mins the dialogue box disappeared...i can't get it back up no matter how many times I type it in. Now my...
  8. Password not accepted after clean boot

Password not accepted after clean boot: In order to test my windows performance I did a clean boot as described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows Now Im not able to login using my PIN code and when using my microsoft account (I see my account`s avatar...
  9. Cant log on to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant log on to network: 1 Hi, have succeeded in setting up 2 new windows 10 pro machines from scratch, and shared the sections that I want shared. (brand new, not upgraded.)with some help from you guys on here. *Redface 2 Now to log on with my laptop and it asks for domain, I not set it up like...
  10. Cant boot windows after install

Cant boot windows after install: So I’m doing a clean install on a new SSD I just bought. The Samsung 850 EVO. I have a USB flash drive that I use to try to install Win 10 and I cannot get it to work. I get to the install screen and when it says it need to reboot it won’t reboot back into the Windows...