Windows 10: Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover

Discus and support Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Following instructions from Laplink I disabled the Task Scheduler. Then rebooted for changes to take effect. Stupidly did this on both computers. Old... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sunflower_967, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover

Following instructions from Laplink I disabled the Task Scheduler. Then rebooted for changes to take effect. Stupidly did this on both computers. Old is Windows 10, new 11. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. On old computer I get signing options, but Forgot my password just takes me back to the same screen. I was able to reset my password using my phone and can sign in there, but if I enter the same password on my laptop it says invalid username or password. I can't use either of my computers.

:)

sunflower_967, Aug 13, 2022

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you able to run the script manually? If yes, does it do what it is intended to?

Disable the UAC temporarily.

Make sure that the Task scheduler
    service is running.

Press ‘Win+R’.

Type Services.msc.

Locate the service Task scheduler
    and make sure that it is in running state.

Go to the Conditions
    tab in task scheduler and make sure that no such condition is set which could block the task from running.

Enable All Tasks History in Task scheduler and run the scheduled task.

Refresh the task scheduler and check if you find any error message/code for any step in the task run.

Also try with disabling Run whether the user is logged on or not
    option and see if the script runs.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover

Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

i also found the listed this issue listed.

i try to update my command and could not.

i found a recommendation to enable . here -->

"Step 1: Open an elevated Task Scheduler (ie. right-click on the Task Scheduler icon and choose Run as administrator)

Step 2: In the Actions pane (right
    pane, not the actions tab),
    click Enable All Tasks History"

How can I enable the Windows Server Task Scheduler History recording?

not sure if it is persistent.

Handy Manny, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover

1. Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover - Similar Threads - Can't log disabling

2. Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover: Following instructions from Laplink I disabled the Task Scheduler. Then rebooted for changes to take effect. Stupidly did this on both computers. Old is Windows 10, new 11. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. On old computer I get signing options, but Forgot my...
  3. Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in after disabling all scheduled tasks to run pcmover: Following instructions from Laplink I disabled the Task Scheduler. Then rebooted for changes to take effect. Stupidly did this on both computers. Old is Windows 10, new 11. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. On old computer I get signing options, but Forgot my...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler run as system and logged in user: I have a script which must be run as system in task scheduler. But at the end should be runned an exe file in that script as logged in user withouth username and password. Is that possible? 182571
  8. Task Scheduler - All Tasks History disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler - All Tasks History disabled: Hi, one of my clients has reported that All Tasks History in the task scheduler had been disabled, and that he wanted to know who had done it. I've determined the exact date and time when this occurred, but the logon logs for then have been turned over and I no longer have...
  9. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  10. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...