Windows 10: can't log in after failed windows update / no internet cx

Discus and support can't log in after failed windows update / no internet cx in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, I had to force my Acer laptop to power down after 4 hours of trying to do a recent windows update (4/1/19), now it gives me error of "can't connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benutzer41, Apr 6, 2019.

1. can't log in after failed windows update / no internet cx

HI, I had to force my Acer laptop to power down after 4 hours of trying to do a recent windows update (4/1/19), now it gives me error of "can't connect to Profsvc" when I try to log in. It does not recognize the password I had been using for my user name and won't connect to the internet. It does recognize an old password so I can get to the command prompt but that's it. I tried using command prompt to start internet using "netsh wlan show profiles" but it says "there is no wireless interface on the system". I tried using system restore but it won't work without internet.

:)

Benutzer41, Apr 6, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 6, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 6, 2019
  4. can't log in after failed windows update / no internet cx

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

can't log in after failed windows update / no internet cx

1. can't log in after failed windows update / no internet cx - Similar Threads - can't log failed

2. Can't log in after update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after update Windows 11: I'm assuming this problem is because of an update that I was forced to install. I don't see anything else it could be. I type in my password and it accepts it, then asks me about a PIN that I can't create, then goes back to the sign in page for me to type it in again. It's...
  3. Can't log in to Windows without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to Windows without internet: Hi,I've moved house and currently do not have an internet connection. When I boot my PC up Windows 11, I can't log in - it says there is a problem with my PIN and it won't accept my password which I know is correct because I'm using it on other devices. I have 2 accounts on...
  4. Can't log in to Windows without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to Windows without internet: Hi,I've moved house and currently do not have an internet connection. When I boot my PC up Windows 11, I can't log in - it says there is a problem with my PIN and it won't accept my password which I know is correct because I'm using it on other devices. I have 2 accounts on...
  5. Can't log into Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log into Windows 10 after update: I am having trouble logging into my windows 10 machine. I just ran updates on it last night and this morning after booting the machine all I get is a log in window with a sign in option that wants me to log into my Microsoft account which I do not use to log into this machine...
  6. Windows 10 Can't log in after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Can't log in after Update: So, this morning i was updating my Windows 10 Ver. 1803 into 1903. After the update was installed, i tried to log in but the system says my password was incorrect, i'm sure that the password was correct (Before updating, i clean install my Disk C system and log in into...
  7. Update to 1903 fails, can't log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1903 fails, can't log in: After the upgrade I can enter my pin but after several minutes I get a small window saying settings. If I click on the system says its not responding if I end process nothing happens. I recovered and went back to previous version. This an old hp touchsmart all in one. It was...
  8. After windows 10 update can't log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 update can't log in: Hello! Starting of with my apology if my english writting is little bit wrong or some words are incorrect (i'm from europe). And my apology if this is wrong topic. I just got new PC and my computer did update. After that i can't log in and shows i don't have enthernet...
  9. After Windows update: Can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Windows update: Can't log in: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...
  10. Can't log in after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log in after Windows update: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...