Windows 10: Can't log in after password change.

Discus and support Can't log in after password change. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoshuaOsborn1, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Can't log in after password change.

I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password.

:)

JoshuaOsborn1, Dec 9, 2023

2. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Can't log in after password change.

1. Can't log in after password change. - Similar Threads - Can't log password

2. Can't log in after password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  3. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  4. Microsoft Authenticator Not Logging Out After Password Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator Not Logging Out After Password Change: I use two phones. I noticed recently when resetting one device and changing my Microsoft password via my computer, that the Authenticator App stayed logged in to my MS account and I was able to get and approve codes from the phone without updating the password.Phone Galaxy...
  5. Microsoft Authenticator Not Logging Out After Password Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator Not Logging Out After Password Change: I use two phones. I noticed recently when resetting one device and changing my Microsoft password via my computer, that the Authenticator App stayed logged in to my MS account and I was able to get and approve codes from the phone without updating the password.Phone Galaxy...
  6. Recent password change, can't log on my PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent password change, can't log on my PC.: So, recently i change my Microsoft's account password and I can't log in.When I try to use PIN to log in it shows this massage:Your password has been change on another device. You have to log in to this pc using your new password. Something like that. I can log in into...
  7. Can't log in even if I changed password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in even if I changed password: So I tried to log off a temp profile so I looked online and saw a website to tell me what to do, here it is https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/fix-signed-in-temporary-profile-windows-10/%3famp I used method 3 I deleted a profileimagepath and now I can't log on to...
  8. Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options.: Hi, I changed the "startup" options from "all programs" to "essential programs". After re-starting my laptop and entering my usual local password, I got a message on the screen, indicating there was a problem with my log-in and I got an "incorrect password" message every...
  9. Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues while logging in to PC after changing password: had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode. So i did flag r and msconfig. Set the bootup to custom and it came up asking for the password. 10 hours later i reset the...
  10. Can't log back in after display changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log back in after display changes: Ok, I changed the display settings in Advance Settings for the sizing of icons in the taskbar, I logged out like it said to do. And now I can not log back in. It shows the login screen and when I do so, I see the log in screen again really BIG for just a few seconds. Then it...