Windows 10: Can't Log In After Restore

Discus and support Can't Log In After Restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atlguy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Atlguy Win User

Can't Log In After Restore

Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my MSN Live account. I have gone thru the process of resetting my password hundreds of times, even able to log into my MSN account from another device and get my email. But I keep getting reset password on my laptop. Also, I can log in as Administrator and see my User Live acount and files. Any ideals or hints on how to resolve? Thanks in advance!

:)

Atlguy, Oct 26, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can't Log In After Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't Log In After Restore :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 26, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Log In After Restore - Similar Threads - Can't Log Restore

2. can't log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't log in: Can't log onto my lap top. says i need to change my pass word. I tried that option by getting a new code to reset the pin. The message i get is resetting pin, but it's been running for an hour now....
  3. Can't log in no log in field

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in no log in field: I just bought a lenova idea pad 09/25/18 2days ago screen started randomly going black now i can only log in in safe mode the homepage has no login field ??? And no matter how muchbspace i free up its not enough to reset or recover...
  4. Can't Log In After Restore

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...
  5. Can't Log In After Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...
  6. Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Log In: Good day I can't log into my local user account. I know my password and it accepts it but as soon as it is busy logging in and saying "preparing your windows" I get rerouted and logged in as a guest. It then brings up a message saying I need to log out first. I can log out...
  7. Can't log in after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in after windows 10 upgrade: I upgraded my windows 7 installation with windows 10. Here is the problem. I only had one user account on windows 7 and it was "Administrator" with no password. Now when windows 10 starts the logon screen says other user. When I try to type in Administrator into the...
  8. After Windows update: Can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Windows update: Can't log in: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...
  9. Can't log in after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log in after Windows update: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...
  10. Can't finish logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't finish logging in: I know this is odd. I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, Evaluation copy, Build 14316.rs1_release.160402-2217. When I try to repair or restore the computer it won't finish either of these tasks; I can get to the command prompt in the advanced tab. When I type exit and...