Windows 10: Can't Log In After Restore

Discus and support Can't Log In After Restore in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Atlguy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Atlguy Win User

Can't Log In After Restore

Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my MSN Live account. I have gone thru the process of resetting my password hundreds of times, even able to log into my MSN account from another device and get my email. But I keep getting reset password on my laptop. Also, I can log in as Administrator and see my User Live acount and files. Any ideals or hints on how to resolve? Thanks in advance!

:)

Atlguy, Oct 26, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can't Log In After Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't Log In After Restore :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 26, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Log In After Restore - Similar Threads - Can't Log Restore

2. Can't log in after restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after restore: I was suspicious that my PC had some type of malware and it was running slow so I decided to restore it. I saved the important files in an external drive and formatted windows using the option "remove everything" and then "cloud download". After several minutes, it booted...
  3. Can't log in after restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in after restore: I was suspicious that my PC had some type of malware and it was running slow so I decided to restore it. I saved the important files in an external drive and formatted windows using the option "remove everything" and then "cloud download". After several minutes, it booted...
  4. Can't log in after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't log into Laptop to do system restore

Can't log into Laptop to do system restore: During a system restore, windows forced an update on me. It messed up my laptop. I'm trying to do a system restore to save my PC but my password isn't working. Is there a way to bypass this to do a system restore? My password is correct but it's telling me it's wrong. I don't...
  6. Can't log in after Upgrade

Can't log in after Upgrade: Split from this thread. Can't lo in after 10 upgrade. Profile. Not loaded. Can' t do anything!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-after-upgrade/9f31b650-b55e-4db8-b4bb-b41d0f7ce8fb
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working after system restore, can't log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not working after system restore, can't log in: Hi. I have a PC i haven't used for a few years - mostly because my ssd died and when i restored my backup (macrium reflect) to the replacement drive I don't recall it ever working quite as right. I decided to solve this once and for all. I have a backup that i have restored...
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working after system restore, can't log in

Mouse and keyboard not working after system restore, can't log in: Hi. I have a PC i haven't used for a few years - mostly because my ssd died and when i restored my backup (macrium reflect) to the replacement drive I don't recall it ever working quite as right. I decided to solve this once and for all. I have a backup that i restored to my...
  9. Can't Log In After Restore

Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...
  10. Can't Log In After Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...