Windows 10: Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kevynduong, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch back because that needs administrator powers. I tried "/user:Administrator cmd" in command prompt but I don't know the admin password. I never had to create an admin password when I bought my laptop. Any help is appreciated because I can't take school exams without a certain program that needs administrative permissio

:)

kevynduong, Apr 4, 2022

2. Log into Windows 10 as The Administrator, not the Local Administrator

Hello,

I request you to enable built-in admin account and create a new account with all admin rights.

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 4, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

1. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't log administrator

2. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10: Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch...
  3. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10: Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch...
  4. Windows 10 Log-In Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Log-In Administrator: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home Basic. I have these problems. 1 Sometimes, when i log-in to my account. It logs in then a black screen comes with only my white cursor visible. I can go to task manager via Ctrl+Alt+Del, then i can start task manager. Then i can run the...
  5. Can't log on as administrator, access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log on as administrator, access denied.: I have a copy of Links 2003 that I ran with no problems under windows 7. I had to upgrade today to windows 10 because 7 will no longer be supported as of this coming Tuesday. I need to find out how to log on with Administrator privileges. Anyone have any suggestions? Jeff...
  6. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...
  7. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...
  8. Can't log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in as administrator: Can't log in as administrator. No suggested remedies work because I only get a NO option in the Change User Account Settings dialog box and it keeps telling me to log in as an administrator but I don't seem to have an administrator account anymore....
  9. Can't log in as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in as administrator: I did a clean install with FCU 1709. I am logged in as Local Account Administrator. When I try to log in with Microsoft Account, It says that a user on this PC already has a Microsoft Account with this E-Mail address. What am I doing wrong? I had this address before the clean...
  10. Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in: First of all I'm new here, i have been using Windows 10 for last 2 months and i had no issues with update but few days ago i had a problem with opening applications . It says "App cannot open ,you're using inbuilt account sign in with Microsoft account " something like that...