Windows 10: Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

Discus and support Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shahar Epstein, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page except for creating a new profile, which is not preferable, and none worked:1. I restarted my device in safe mode - my settings were not restored.2. I restarted my device in normal mode - same.3. When I tried temporarily disabling Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, I got the following error: "you'll need a new

:)

Shahar Epstein, Jun 1, 2023

2. PC is logging in to temporary profile

Hi Shayna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with temporary profile on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the
    suggestions
    provided by me replied on May 24, 2019 and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

Logged in with temporary profile message?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

If you do not have different user account or you are unable to logged-in to the system, I would suggest you to boot the system in safe mode and create a new user local admin account. Visit the below link to boot the system in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Click on Add
      button and click on Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to create the account.

• Now click on the local account which is created and click on Properties button.
    • Click on Group membership tab, click on Administrator, click on Apply and OK.

Once you completed creating the new user account, transfer all the files/data’s to the new user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on
      OS (CCan't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/file to the new user account.

• Once you are done restart the computer.
    Once you reboot the system, log-in using new user account and try deleting the corrupted user profile and convert the local user admin to Microsoft account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a Microsoft account instead.

• Enter the email address, click on
      Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account to Microsoft account.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help

Billion Debbarma, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

1. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead - Similar Threads - Can't log Microsoft

2. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead: I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page...
  3. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead: I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page...
  4. windows can't sign in account. Only with a temporary profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows can't sign in account. Only with a temporary profile: windows keeps signing me in with a temporary profile cant fix. Tried many fixes. Even a new profile but can't link user file to it. Please help...
  5. Cannot Sign In To Your Account - Log On With A Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Sign In To Your Account - Log On With A Temporary Profile: Hi, I started using Windows 10 around MAY2020. There are constantly updates. Until recently, probably SEP or OCT2020, after some updates, there is this "temporary profile" issue causing me not being able to bookmark website and change display settings. First, I used my...
  6. Keep on logging on temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep on logging on temporary profile: I just bought a laptop, then a windows update pops up and whenever I tried installing it it gets stucked on a loading windows screen, so I looked into some troubleshoots for this problem, until I came across to a suggestion to delete my previous windows files which is in the...
  7. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"
  8. Logged in with "Temporary Profile" & "Apps not opening"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logged in with "Temporary Profile" & "Apps not opening": After the latest update i am not able to access any of my microsoft apps and i get the message "You need a new link to open this app" And It also says that i am "logged in with a Temporary Profile.Roaming options are unavailable." Plz i need urgent help!!...
  9. Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.: Since Saturday, when I start my laptop, all my documents and settings are gone. I have checked for viruses and malware, but none were detected. I have made sure the latest Windows updates are installed. I tried to do a system restore but it failed. My files are safely...
  10. Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...: Opened the laptop and a message showed saying "preparing windows for recovery...this might take up to an hour". After the process I signed in to windows and it said "Could not log into your account" and "You have been logged into a temporary profile." I tried to sign out...