Windows 10: Can't log in safe mode

Discus and support Can't log in safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VaPaL, Sep 2, 2020.

1. /u/VaPaL Win User

Can't log in safe mode

Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get a BSOD.

There's a way to boot normally again? How can I boot in safe mode?

I booted in safe mode via msconfig, don't know if there is any other way

Thanks a lot

submitted by /u/VaPaL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VaPaL, Sep 2, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Safe Mode log in

Hi Richard,

PIN password option on safe mode is not enabled. You will only be allowed to use a password to access your computer in safe mode. To assist you better, kindly answer these questions below:

• Are you referring to a local user account or a Microsoft account?

Is your computer connected to the network via WiFi or through an Ethernet cable?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri on March 19, 2016?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Can't log in safe mode

Can't log in to safe mode

Hi Melissa,

If you're having issues logging into safe mode, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Vanessa Sohtun in this
    thread. Quite a few people found her suggestions helpful.

Let us know if this worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't log in safe mode

1. Can't log in safe mode - Similar Threads - Can't log safe

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  4. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  5. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  6. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  7. Can't log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into safe mode: I am having issues with my laptop monitor so I was going to boot into safe mode to try to fix, but Windows keeps telling me my password is incorrect. It is not having me use my PIN but my actual password. And I know, despite it telling me its wrong, that it is right. I logged...
  8. Can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  9. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...