Windows 10: Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004

Discus and support Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my computer to the May 2020 Update Windows 10, 2004 version. I like the new Cortana "chat" version, but I cannot log in using my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ReginaldW050877, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004

Hi,

I just upgraded my computer to the May 2020 Update Windows 10, 2004 version. I like the new Cortana "chat" version, but I cannot log in using my school account even though it states that "it works best with your school or work account."

What do I need to do?

R:

:)

ReginaldW050877, Jun 14, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 14, 2020
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004

1. Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004 - Similar Threads - Can't Log Cortana

2. Cortana can't set alarms, in windows 10 version 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana can't set alarms, in windows 10 version 2004: I am having a problem with cortana when I asked her set an alaram cortana said Sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-set-alarms-in-windows-10-version-2004/cca24ac9-e46d-496a-b122-3b5eb6da28d2
  3. Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004: Hello! So about a week ago I was forced by Windows to update to the new 2004 version, and now every single app/site that requires an account/log-in forgets it very single time I restart. The ones I use the most are the mail app and Google Chrome, but I'm pretty sure all the...
  4. Cortana Location in Windows 10 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana Location in Windows 10 2004: I upgraded to windows 20.04 yesterday. Now Cortana does not know my location anymore and there seems to be no way to change it i.e. Cortana notebook is gone. My actual address is in California but Cortona keeps reporting the time, weather or location as either in Kenosha WI...
  5. Rollback Cortana Beta Windows 10 2004 to old Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback Cortana Beta Windows 10 2004 to old Cortana: Hey there, I just need support on how to rollback Cortana beta, to the good old Cortana. I used to use the old Cortana with my Windows 10 1909 update, and it was pretty good, with lots of deep linking features like alarms and times, music control, Alexa, and many more. But...
  6. 2004 Cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Cortana: With the new store based Cortana in 2004 - is it possible to add 2 accounts, i.e. an Office 365 work and a personal Microsoft account? I can't seem to find a way to do that? submitted by /u/WiggityZwiggity [link] [comments]...
  7. Cortana Windows 10 May 2020/2004

in Cortana
    Cortana Windows 10 May 2020/2004: Just upgraded to May 2020 version and now I am getting a Cortana pop up indicating that Cortana is not available in English United Kingdom at this time. This doesn't bother me as I don't use Cortana, but the pop up is annoying. Been into settings and tried to turn off...
  8. Cortana and 2004 - UK

in Cortana
    Cortana and 2004 - UK: When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've...
  9. Cortana and 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana and 2004: When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've...
  10. Can't log into Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Cortana: I already have a Microsoft account that I've been using for some months with OneDrive. When I start Cortana it requires me to log into that account. I do so, but then it pops up a screen telling me to "Enter your old password one last time", and then "From here on out, you'll...