Windows 10: Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

Discus and support Can't log in to game bar or xbox app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Both the xbox app and gamebar wont let me sign in. When I click the sign in button on either app nothing happens. I've uninstalled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nasty Ways, May 4, 2020.

1. Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

Hi,

Both the xbox app and gamebar wont let me sign in. When I click the sign in button on either app nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried the troubleshoot feature, and repair, but nothing seems to work.

Not sure if it could be related but I factory reset and sold my xbox one console 2 days ago, the issue did start around that time. Unsure if this would just be coincidental though.

I have seen another topic using the search function from 2017, the responses there haven't solved my issue unfortunately.

Any help appreciated as I can't communicate with friends or see who's online.

Thanks in advance!

Jack

:)

Nasty Ways, May 4, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, May 4, 2020
  3. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 4, 2020
  4. Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

1. Can't log in to game bar or xbox app - Similar Threads - Can't log game

2. Can't update xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update xbox game bar: My game bar is stuck in an old version 5.823.3261.0 and the Microsoft store and windows update show no updates available and the game bar app in store just shows "open". Tried repair and reset with no avail. Xbox app says I need to download game bar but when I click that then...
  3. Can't update xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update xbox game bar: My game bar is stuck in an old version 5.823.3261.0 and the Microsoft store and windows update show no updates available and the game bar app in store just shows "open". Tried repair and reset with no avail. Xbox app says I need to download game bar but when I click that then...
  4. Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.: Hi i have a big problem with xbox game bar and xbox apps.After clicking the login button, a gray square appears, then disappears and then nothing happens.I have tried already : create new acount, sfc /scannow, update and powershell....
  5. Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.

Problem with login to xbox apps and xbox game bar.: Hi i have a big problem with xbox game bar and xbox apps.After clicking the login button, a gray square appears, then disappears and then nothing happens.I have tried already : create new acount, sfc /scannow, update and powershell....
  6. Can't Open Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Open Xbox Game Bar: Recently, I was using zoom and I got a blue screen. After I booted up my PC, the taskbar icons were all empty and lead to nothing, but that's not the point. When I tried to open game bar with Windows+G it didn't work. I went as far as to reset the applications, repair it,...
  7. Can't sign into Xbox App or Game Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Xbox App or Game Bar on Windows 10: It just started today and yesterday and I don't know why. When I click sign in it just ignores it. I don't get an error code or anything like what other people said they had. It isn't like this on my Xbox App on my phone or my Xbox One though. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Game Bar confusion: Before, when I played some MS Store game with friends who happened to be on Xbox, I used the Win10 Xbox (beta) app to voice chat with them, which worked rather poorly (terrible audio quality, constant crashes, etc.) - but at least it worked. Now, I'm not sure if something...
  9. removing xbox game bar app

removing xbox game bar app: just got a new system with win10 it came preinstalled with xbox game bar on it. I have tried removing it under add remove programs and it won't let me. some of its presetup keys in windows are the same as game commands i have for other games. I don't like the app and...
  10. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant login to gamebar

2. cant sign in on xbox game bar

3. xbox game bar wont let me sign in