Windows 10: Can't log in to host on local network

Discus and support Can't log in to host on local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an old HP desktop model h8-11200 running a 3.40 GHz i7-2600 and Windows 10 build 1909. I bought an Acer Aspire 5 i7 running the same Windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kmurraysmith, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Can't log in to host on local network

I have an old HP desktop model h8-11200 running a 3.40 GHz i7-2600 and Windows 10 build 1909. I bought an Acer Aspire 5 i7 running the same Windows. I can connect to my router and go out to the Internet; however, when I try to connect to the desktop, Windows is asking for the computer name which is HP and password which is totally unknown since it isn't needed to access the desktop and it would have been created years ago. How can I recover or reset the password?

:)

kmurraysmith, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 23, 2020
  3. No internet access over hosted network in windows 10...

There is nothing problem.

All you need to again reset your Shared Network Setting.

Steps to Fix this Issue-

1. Start your Hosted network.

2. Right Click on your Ethernet Connection.

• Click on Shared Tab.
    • Now Select your Newly Created Shared Netwok like - Local Area Connection* 10
    3. Now you see that you get Internet in your connected devices through your shared network.

4. The Hosted Network Problem is resolved.

Thanking you to read my comments.

Mukesh Kumar Yadav, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Can't log in to host on local network

No internet access over hosted network in windows 10...

There is nothing problem.

All you need to again reset your Shared Network Setting.

Steps to Fix this Issue-

1. Start your Hosted network.

2. Right Click on your Ethernet Connection.

• Click on Shared Tab.
    • Now Select your Newly Created Shared Netwok like - Local Area Connection* 10
    3. Now you see that you get Internet in your connected devices through your shared network.

4. The Hosted Network Problem is resolved.

Thanking you to read my comments.

Mukesh Kumar

Mukesh Kumar Yadav, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't log in to host on local network

1. Can't log in to host on local network - Similar Threads - Can't log host

2. Local host site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local host site can't be reached: When I try and access localhost on 443 port, I get ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. I have windows machine with windows edition as Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. My application is hosted on IIS and it has self-signed SSL certificate. I am able to access my application over web using...
  3. Local host site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local host site can't be reached: When I try and access localhost on 443 port, I get ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. I have windows machine with windows edition as Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. My application is hosted on IIS and it has self-signed SSL certificate. I am able to access my application over web using...
  4. Local host site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host: Local system Network restricted: Hellomy problem is some of my services on windows 10 getting "Network restricted" tag how do I lift restrictions?I'm getting restrictions to access to sites and internet through some apps and games.I've installed eset internet security premium but before installing AV I had...
  6. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host: Local system Network restricted: Hellomy problem is some of my services on windows 10 getting "Network restricted" tag how do I lift restrictions?I'm getting restrictions to access to sites and internet through some apps and games.I've installed eset internet security premium but before installing AV I had...
  7. Service host: Local system Network restricted

8. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In: Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop. Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint. Went to next steps as screen instructed. Tried to log in under local user and password wont work. How can I get back in and sign in with my...
  9. Can't see local network

Can't see local network: Though I have internet access through an Ethernet connection through my router, I can't see the router or any of the drives attached. I previously used such a shared drive for backup, but can no longer access the drive, nor can I see another networked computer. This started...
  10. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...