Windows 10: Cant log in to laptop, tried every method

Discus and support Cant log in to laptop, tried every method in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I forgot the password for my laptop and tried to reset it and it would just stay on the screen, it also says my microsoft password is wrong which it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TGNRR, May 19, 2020.

1. TGNRR Win User

Cant log in to laptop, tried every method

I forgot the password for my laptop and tried to reset it and it would just stay on the screen, it also says my microsoft password is wrong which it is not as i double checked and tried every option to fix it. I also try to connect ethernet to the laptop but nothing registers and for some reason my pin and face identification does not work either. I tried every help form on this website but nothing works and i need this laptop for school. I also tried resetting the hard drive and putting it into safe mode but it would do nothing too.

:)

TGNRR, May 19, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 19, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 19, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant log in to laptop, tried every method - Similar Threads - Cant log laptop

2. I tried every method but can't fix it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I tried every method but can't fix it: what does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-every-method-but-cant-fix-it/713f42b2-2e00-46c5-a801-ebe7b32ccbb0
  3. I tried every method but can't fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried every method but can't fix it: what does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-every-method-but-cant-fix-it/713f42b2-2e00-46c5-a801-ebe7b32ccbb0
  4. I tried every method but can't fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant log into my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant log into my laptop: Ok so this is a tough one I think. My laptop Admin acct was connected to an email that no longer exists. I went onto Microsoft acct and changed my email. My laptop was eventually powered off a few days later. Tried logging back in and no longer is the pin option there. It...
  6. Cant log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log into my laptop: Ok so this is a tough one I think. My laptop Admin acct was connected to an email that no longer exists. I went onto Microsoft acct and changed my email. My laptop was eventually powered off a few days later. Tried logging back in and no longer is the pin option there. It...
  7. Cant log into my laptop

8. Tried to reset my laptop it failed and now i cant log in

Tried to reset my laptop it failed and now i cant log in: About 2 days ago my laptop started crashing/freezing after 2 hours of use so today I decided maybe it was time for a hard reset. so that's what I tried to do. I went to settings on windows and I tried to do a reset everything went fine until it reached 74% after that it...
  9. Black screen after log in (tried multiple methods to fix)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after log in (tried multiple methods to fix): Hi, i have recently ran into a black screen which only shows my mouse after log in. I have tried multiple methods to fix it and finally came across a method of rolling back my graphics driver in safe mode which has worked. Then i have turned off auto updates so that it...
  10. 100% Disk Usage! Tried every method but it didn't solved!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage! Tried every method but it didn't solved!: Can someone help!? It has been a month I'm trying to solve 100% Disk Usage issue. I tried many methods but none of them work. Methods I tried :- - Run Disk Chek - Disabled or Update anti-virus - Disabled Windows Search - Disabled Superfetch/Sysmain - Block sites from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant get to desktop tried every method