Windows 10: Cant log in to laptop, tried every method

Discus and support Cant log in to laptop, tried every method in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I forgot the password for my laptop and tried to reset it and it would just stay on the screen, it also says my microsoft password is wrong which it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TGNRR, May 19, 2020.

1. TGNRR Win User

Cant log in to laptop, tried every method

I forgot the password for my laptop and tried to reset it and it would just stay on the screen, it also says my microsoft password is wrong which it is not as i double checked and tried every option to fix it. I also try to connect ethernet to the laptop but nothing registers and for some reason my pin and face identification does not work either. I tried every help form on this website but nothing works and i need this laptop for school. I also tried resetting the hard drive and putting it into safe mode but it would do nothing too.

:)

TGNRR, May 19, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 19, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 19, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant log in to laptop, tried every method - Similar Threads - Cant log laptop

2. I cant log in to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant log in to my laptop: Hello all. Please kindly help me. I tried to log onto my laptop and I cant using the PIN. its says. 'something happened and your PIN isn't available' I tried singing in using the password, this is not working either....
  3. Cant log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in: I accidentally installed a virus on my computer and while trying to delete it i reset my computer and it changed my log in passcode so i am unable to get back in and i dont know what to do...
  4. Mouse disappears every time we log out of user and try to log in again - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse disappears every time we log out of user and try to log in again - windows 10: Hi, Recently every time we log off / switch user , leaving the computer for few minutes, when coming back / tying to log in again, the mouse pointer disapear and even the mouse light is off. It takes the mouse ~5-7 minutes to turn on again, first light, then the pointer...
  5. Cant log into my laptop please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant log into my laptop please help: My pin is not available and I cant reset without my password, my password is correct but it tells me it's wrong, I even tried to change the password on another device and no luck, all I have is BIOS, anything I can do? submitted by /u/PatrickTheSeal [link] [comments]...
  6. Log in every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in every time: Hi, I have a windows 10 desktop. I have been able to log into my accounts without any trouble. Recently I have had to have someone call or send me a text with a password so I can log on. It gets to be a pain. These are sites I use every day, and I am the only one who uses...
  7. RESET WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP AND NOW I CANT LOG IN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RESET WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP AND NOW I CANT LOG IN: So recently i resetted my windows 10 laptop and now I am stuck at the log in page as the laptop does not have any created account/users to log in. Apparently i have been googling about the issue and release there is quite a few cases of windows 10 prompting you to log in...
  8. Error code 0xc000021a tried every method I've been able to find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0xc000021a tried every method I've been able to find: I got hit with the blue screen of death on my 5-month-old pc today. I've tried every possible method I've found on the internet. Dism, SFC, chkdsk and tried safe mode. For safe mode, I got put into a loop of "automatically fixing my computer". I've tried almost every option...
  9. Trying to log into Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to log into Cortana: I am trying to log in, but it keeps asking me about some old password? I can log into MS account just fine, but not via Cortana, any idea why? I have tried a blank password, MS password, PIN I have tried before. EDIT: I see, it is actually creating MS account instead of...
  10. Cant log on to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant log on to network: 1 Hi, have succeeded in setting up 2 new windows 10 pro machines from scratch, and shared the sections that I want shared. (brand new, not upgraded.)with some help from you guys on here. *Redface 2 Now to log on with my laptop and it asks for domain, I not set it up like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant get to desktop tried every method