Windows 10: Can't log in to my PC

Discus and support Can't log in to my PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; "Security policies on this computer are set to show info about the last interactive sign-in, but Windows couldn't retrieve that info. Contact your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by King Mustard, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Can't log in to my PC

"Security policies on this computer are set to show info about the last interactive sign-in, but Windows couldn't retrieve that info. Contact your network administrator for help."

Any ideas?

EDIT: I logged into Safe Mode and used the Group Policy editor to change "Display information about previous logons during user logon" from Not Configured to Disabled.

I also ran 'gpupdate /force' in CMD.

Not sure which one worked but it's sorted now.

:)

King Mustard, Mar 1, 2016
  2. ARSanders Win User

Can't log into my PC

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what you mean when you ask if I logon with a Microsoft acct or a local. When I converted to Windows 10 the conversion program asked for a password and other information that I think was also used to update my Microsoft account and it used some
    of the information to establish the logging into the PC. I have never changed the password for the PC logon, but Recently I did change it to access Hotmail, but I didn't have any problem logging on to the PC until much later.

I can't remember the exact message, but it did indicate to use the Microsoft account password. Maybe I should have tried to use the account password, but I didn't believe it used the same password I use for Hotmail and to access my account. I have no trouble
    accessing my account from another PC using my Hotmail/account password.

Maybe is should try the account password, but I'm afraid this will simply lock my signup and I will be in a worse place, if that is possible,

I have not made any changes, but I know I have has Windows 10 updates. The keyboard is O'K.

I have had a lot of problems with Window 10 and I believe all my problems are due to an early install of windows I lost two PC's to Windows 10 and have one PC that was upgraded to windows 10 which looks and acts differently than the PC that has the logon
    problems. I think if I can get the current logon problem fixed I should reinstall windows 10 if that is possible.

At this point, I think I should try using my account password. If I get locked out, can I ever get back into the PC.

I thank you for the time you are spending on my account

Al Sanders

y

ARSanders, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Can't log into my PC

Hi Al,

Faulty keyboard is one of the possible reasons why you're having troubles signing in to your PC. To provide you the appropriate resolution, we'd like to know more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How do you access your computer, are you using a Microsoft account or a local account to sign in?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using another keyboard and check if the issue persists?

If in case that you're using a Microsoft account to sign in to your device, you may refer to this
    article on how you can recover your access.

Looking forward for your response.

Julie Ram, Mar 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Can't log in to my PC

Please indicate that this is now solved. Thanks!

philc43, Mar 1, 2016
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    Can you please elaborate from how to get to
    "Display information about previous logons during user logon"

lvgandhi, May 14, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    In Windows 10 PRO, in the search bar, type gpedit.
    Navigate to
    Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows Logon Options

Can't log in to my PC [​IMG]

simrick, May 14, 2016
  7. lvgandhi Win User
    I have windows 10 Home. I have installed gpedit also. But I don't find "Display information about previous logons during user logon" in that option.
    But I find Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Terminal services>Client>Do not allow passwords to be saved. Not configured is present option. It has enabled and disabled.
    For me my laptop starts ok if internet modem is off. It works with internet when laptop is on and then modem is switched on.
    I also ran 'gpupdate /force' in CMD as admin. It shows ok. Still I have above problem. Any solution welcome,

lvgandhi, May 14, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Can't log in to my PC

@Ivgandhi,
    The OP of this thread has marked it "solved". Please start a new thread yourself, and reference this one in it. That way it will be unsolved, and appear in the list of unanswered threads. You will get more exposure/help that way.
    Thanks. *Smile

simrick, May 14, 2016
  9. lvgandhi Win User
    I have already started a thread. Here I posted only to get clarification from original poster or any one else who has similar thinking.

lvgandhi, May 14, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    Sounds good!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't log in to my PC

1. Can't log in to my PC - Similar Threads - Can't log

2. I can't log my account. In my lap screen no any password box. All my details also in this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log my account. In my lap screen no any password box. All my details also in this...: I can't log my account. In my lap screen no any password box. All my details also in this account I want to sign into this account.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. I can't log my account. In my lap screen no any password box. All my details also in this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log my account. In my lap screen no any password box. All my details also in this...: I can't log my account. In my lap screen no any password box. All my details also in this account I want to sign into this account.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. I can't log into my account on my computer after it got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my account on my computer after it got deleted: A few months ago I logged onto my computer and I was signed out of everything Microsoft related, so a lot of things I cannot access like my apps and games or my Microsoft store, and I have already tried the account recovery form....
  5. I can't log into my account on my computer after it got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my account on my computer after it got deleted: A few months ago I logged onto my computer and I was signed out of everything Microsoft related, so a lot of things I cannot access like my apps and games or my Microsoft store, and I have already tried the account recovery form....
  6. I can't log into my account on my computer after it got deleted

7. I can't log into my account on my computer after it got deleted

8. I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.: My computer kept scrolling so I went on line and found a video where it said to go to Windows R and msconfig msc then services disable all and apply ok and restart. Now I can't log in to my computer. What should I do?...
  9. I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.

I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.: My computer kept scrolling so I went on line and found a video where it said to go to Windows R and msconfig msc then services disable all and apply ok and restart. Now I can't log in to my computer. What should I do?...
  10. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...