Windows 10: Can't log in to my session anymore. Help!

Discus and support Can't log in to my session anymore. Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, an hour ago, I want to do something that required Admin rights to do, but couldn't. So, I went to check on my account admin privilege... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CraftyWW, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Can't log in to my session anymore. Help!

Can't log in to my session anymore. Help! ALNZ4ARTUfIGO08eD_31p0Yl_ZmSSYMeErXRbOHDDso.jpg

Hi,

an hour ago, I want to do something that required Admin rights to do, but couldn't. So, I went to check on my account admin privilege only to find 2 things:

- My account had both local (guest) and admin rights

- There was another account named WDAGUtility or something like this.

I'm a PC noob, and didn't know any better. So, I deleted that WDAG... account, that I never created to begin with, and made my usual account to only Administrator (removed the local thing). I did that using the Netplwiz in the search bar.

After I closed the window, a message poped up saying I needed to close the session and resign for changes to go through. So, I logged off my session only to realize that I can't log back in again. I restarted my laptop several times, I couldn't log into my account again.

I even Shift + Restarted it to go into Troubleshoot and try the Utilman trick, but I couldn't simply because every single time I choose an option in the troubleshoot options, for some stupid reason, it asks me for my password that obviously isn't working anymore... If I wanna use command prompt, it asks me for my password..... If I wanna restore my PC, I need my password...

https://preview.redd.it/geqxw2o0ibt...bp&s=69a835eca92a8fdf70a6b13fdeceb51d1e31703d

https://preview.redd.it/nri0tpy2ibt...bp&s=46cd5363cde571299c96df5a4877333ecc4243a5

Please, help!!!

submitted by /u/CraftyWW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CraftyWW, Oct 15, 2020

2. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

Hi Community gurus,

Hoping you could advise. During the outbreak, most of my teams are working from home and being offered a Windows 10 VDI remote login on Citrix server. In my organisation, there is a token limit and therefore we are not allowed to stay in the session
    for too long but only carry out time card logging routine which takes about 5 - 10 minutes depending on individual operations. People who have logged in for prolong period get reported to their mangers who then advise to shorten the session as much as they
    can.

Some of them did get reported but mainly was because they did not disconnect the session properly, and still wondered how to disconnect the session properly without occupying the server resources.

Luckily I have never been in the list, and helped myself a quick short which runs "shutdown.exe -s -f -t 0".

This has run perfectly and my Manger did notice I was never in the reporting list and wondered how I did it.

Therefore I shared with my team with this quick shortcut, however, one of my seniors suggested that it's betters to use shutdown.exe -l -f 0

To me, his advice was to log off the session, instead of shutting down, but I wondered that in a shared virtual machine session(s), is there really difference on log off and shutdown as the shutdown command does not appear to shut the server down, but disconnecting
    my session so that others have more resources when needed.

Would any one be able to advise?

Thank you in advance.

George S Chen, Oct 15, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't log in to my session anymore. Help! :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Can't log in to my session anymore. Help!

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't log in to my session anymore. Help!

1. Can't log in to my session anymore. Help! - Similar Threads - Can't log session

2. Can't access account.microsoft.com anymore, help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access account.microsoft.com anymore, help.: Basically, i have many profiles in my browser Microsoft Edge, including my brother's two accounts, a while ago he changed his phone number, in his accounts there was the old phone number. The other day he needed to verify that it was him with a SMS on his old phone number, i...
  3. I can't log in anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in anymore: So I recently accidentally removed my finger ID from my laptop and I just so happen to forget my password so now I can't login anymore! I've looked and tried everything, I don't have a one of those recover disc's or those cables I can plugin to recover my password and no I'm...
  4. I can't log in anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log in anymore: So I recently accidentally removed my finger ID from my laptop and I just so happen to forget my password so now I can't login anymore! I've looked and tried everything, I don't have a one of those recover disc's or those cables I can plugin to recover my password and no I'm...
  5. I can't log in anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. HELP! Can't log in to my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Can't log in to my device: After using the commandnet user administrator /active:noAnd then restartingWindows now asks for a password which i don't remember ever settingPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-cant-log-in-to-my-device/701b90e4-539f-4f78-bd5d-3e4d253a23b0
  7. HELP! Can't log in to my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Can't log in to my device: After using the commandnet user administrator /active:noAnd then restartingWindows now asks for a password which i don't remember ever settingPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-cant-log-in-to-my-device/701b90e4-539f-4f78-bd5d-3e4d253a23b0
  8. HELP! Can't log in to my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Can't log in to my pc anymore?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in to my pc anymore?: Hello I watched a video on Youtube how my Windows menu works again then I did what he said but I can't get into my pc anymore because the password is supposedly wrong so who can help me Thanks Kann mich nicht mehr in meinen Pc einloggen?
  10. Cant log into my computer anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant log into my computer anymore: Got a new PC a few months back. Its been great. Like many as of recently ive been trying to play Red dead redemption 2. But of course for most it doesnt work as intended. So ive spent the last few days troubleshooting the issue. I was faced with a new possible solution...