Windows 10: Can't Log in to Outlook

Discus and support Can't Log in to Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I woke up this morning to my Outlook account being logged out upon startup. Typing in the credentials, I was informed that the account doesn't exist. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jshep0102, Mar 7, 2017.

1. jshep0102 Win User

Can't Log in to Outlook

I woke up this morning to my Outlook account being logged out upon startup. Typing in the credentials, I was informed that the account doesn't exist. I checked my phone, I'm in the account - so that's not true to that extent.

I have Malwarebytes installed, and ran a full scan with zero issues. I went back in to the login page and tried logging in using my phone number (same account doesn't exist response), contacting Microsoft support via chat/phone/email - all which lead me right back to the login page - and we all know how far that got me... I basically spent 4 hours of my day going in a circle.

I've heard that maybe an 'alias' has been set up for my account. I didn't do it, and don't know how to remove it. I'm guessing I'd have to be logged in to do so. Any direction on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shep

:)

jshep0102, Mar 7, 2017
  2. SoLEiL360 Win User

Unable to log in to Outlook account

Hi, kyster69. Welcome to the Microsoft Mobile Community. You may reset your Outlook account password here: Reset your password
    as suggested by . Feel free to post your questions in our community if you need our assistance. Have a great day!

SoLEiL360, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Unable to log in to Outlook account

When is it asking you to log in?

Do you have anything backed up or stored on One Drive / Outlook.com?

Let us have more information, otherwise you might either go through a 'Forgot my Password' process or create a new account depending on your sitaution.

Not sure really that you can say the phone sucks because you forgot your password! :smileywink:

RichH_9000, Mar 7, 2017
  4. DavidE Win User

Can't Log in to Outlook

DavidE, Mar 7, 2017
  5. jshep0102 Win User
    I looked at that thread, but don't see a solution - maybe I just don't get it, though... And maybe it's still not sorted for Outlook.

jshep0102, Mar 7, 2017
  6. DavidE Win User
    If it's a MS problem affecting you i don't know what you can do other than wait for MS to fix it.
    So far i've been lucky and not had problems logging in to MS/Outlook accounts.

DavidE, Mar 7, 2017
  7. jshep0102 Win User
    I shall be patient. Thanks for chiming in, David.

jshep0102, Mar 7, 2017
  8. DavidE Win User

Can't Log in to Outlook

You're welcome, i've spent hours trying to fix problems caused by vendors, and it is frustrating to learn it was their issue (not me).

DavidE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Log in to Outlook

1. Can't Log in to Outlook - Similar Threads - Can't Log Outlook

2. Can't log in through outlook account. Local accounts working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in through outlook account. Local accounts working fine: Hi,I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 install on my PC and facing issues with the log in through outlook account. Actually, I never logged in using windows outlook account and when I set up the current PC I have created a local account. In order to put parental controls I have...
  3. Can't log in through outlook account. Local accounts working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in through outlook account. Local accounts working fine: Hi,I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 install on my PC and facing issues with the log in through outlook account. Actually, I never logged in using windows outlook account and when I set up the current PC I have created a local account. In order to put parental controls I have...
  4. Can't sign in to Outlook

Can't sign in to Outlook: Hi! I've been trying to access my email accounts through the Outlook desktop application, but every time I try to sign in, it prompts me to enter my credentials from the company that I used to work for, and I no longer have access to the email account from the same company. I...
  5. Can't sign in to Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Outlook: Hi! I've been trying to access my email accounts through the Outlook desktop application, but every time I try to sign in, it prompts me to enter my credentials from the company that I used to work for, and I no longer have access to the email account from the same company. I...
  6. Can't log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log on: Good afternoon, I turned on my computer, and when it came time to type the pin he said "something happened and your pin is not available. Click on configure my pin again" but nothing happens and I can't either log in or recover previous states. I really don't want to lose my...
  7. Can't start Outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't start Outlook: I get the following: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. I'm using Office 365...
  8. Logging onto an outlook email

Logging onto an outlook email: Hello, I've recently been shut out of my outlook email accounts only on the mail app. I was logged into these emails for 7 months on the mail app but recently it logged me out and then says there is an error every time i try to log in again. the message reads "something went...
  9. Error when logging into outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when logging into outlook: I get this error while trying to log into my hotmail account, please help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-logging-into-outlook/b50c91b7-2eed-4f28-89db-98e870266897
  10. Can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in: Alright, so recently my PC went through an update - which, fine whatever, I'll deal - however, the update changed my password! Originally, it was a pin password now its a password password that I don't know. I've tried every password I have plus a few more. I should add that...