Windows 10: can't log in to windows 10 after setting the boot method to 'safe mode' because windows now...

Discus and support can't log in to windows 10 after setting the boot method to 'safe mode' because windows now... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been using microsoft PIN to log in to my windows 10 PC for 4~5 months. Before that I used local windows login password. This afternoon, while... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChanKim_ETRI, Dec 23, 2020.

1. can't log in to windows 10 after setting the boot method to 'safe mode' because windows now...

I've been using microsoft PIN to log in to my windows 10 PC for 4~5 months. Before that I used local windows login password.

This afternoon, while trying to uninstall a program which isn't uninstalled in normal way, I found on a web page that I can uninstall the program after booting in safe mode. So I ran msconfig to set the booting mode to 'safe mode'. By the way, in save mode, there is no networking.

The problem is, when the PC booted up in safe mode, the windows login asks me to type in my local windows password that I haven't been using for months. I tried to enter the windows password but it keeps saying it is wrong! I tried many possible combinations in vain.

I guess in safe mode, since there is no networking, the login method is switched back to 'use local windows password'. I somewhere saw I can set the login method by clicking reboot button on the bottom right pressing shift key during the login window and will try it if I can really set the login method to 'safe mode with networking'. If I can change to that mode and if windows login method changes back to 'microsoft account PIN mode' I'll be really happy. I'll be on my work place soon and try it. But otherwise, I don't know what to try. If anyone know what I can do in this case, please advise me, I'll be deeply grateful. Thank you!

:)

ChanKim_ETRI, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Carsomyr Win User

Can't get windows 10 to boot

Can't get windows 10 to boot. I put the PC to sleep today before leaving for work and it didn't like it at all. No matter what I do. Can't get into windows. I can get into windows safe mode though.

Tried the following to no avail

- load bios defaults
    - auto repair windows can't repair
    - cold boot

Carsomyr, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 23, 2020
  4. coopfab Win User

can't log in to windows 10 after setting the boot method to 'safe mode' because windows now...

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

can't log in to windows 10 after setting the boot method to 'safe mode' because windows now...

1. can't log in to windows 10 after setting the boot method to 'safe mode' because windows now... - Similar Threads - can't log setting

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Can't Boot in Windows 10 Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot in Windows 10 Safe Mode: Greetings, I just made a terrible disaster where I curiously clicked a bundled registry files, which render my profile ‘broken’. Now I'd like to sset things right by executing Safe Mode from my Lenovo Yoga 6, however the screen keep getting stuck on Lenovo logo without any...
  4. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  5. Can't Log Into Profile in Safe Mode Used MsConfig Method

Can't Log Into Profile in Safe Mode Used MsConfig Method: Hi Everyone! My laptop recently came into contact with HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE trojan and I was looking at tutorials on how to remove it. Long story short, I had to go into Safe Mode in order to do so. I opted for the method that uses MSconfig to go to Safe Mode I checked a...
  6. Can't log in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in safe mode: Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get a BSOD. There's a way to boot normally again? How can I boot in safe mode? I booted in safe mode via msconfig, don't know...
  7. Can't log in to safe mode

Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  8. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  9. Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode

Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because I’m on the verge of Insanity. I have a Windows PC, with the Intel 2600 K processor, a Geforce GTX 580, 16 GB ram and 1 TB hard drive. I’ve had the same computer since 2011, filled with many personal files videos and...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...