Windows 10: Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...

Discus and support Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number! Cannot cancel request for new back up because old email and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yaqob Romano, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...

Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number! Cannot cancel request for new back up because old email and phone number dont longer exist. What should I do?

:)

Yaqob Romano, Aug 16, 2022
  2. DJ1982i Win User

Microsoft Account 30 day wait

About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I attempted to change it again. My new number is already associated with Xbox as I sometimes get texts - and
    I also can make purchases. I wanted to get 2-Step authentication as I have recently moved back to Windows from Apple after enjoying time on my older windows PC.

I have, in the past 5 years:

Logged in with this account and had an Xbox 360

Logged in on this account to play games on Windows

Logged in on this account when I got my Xbox One

Logged in and used Skype

Logged in on Windows on my partitioned Mac

Logged in on One Drive on my Phone

Bought a new Windows PC and logged in this week.

Now I am asked to change my details and wait 30 days. I find this incredibly fustrating as I want to set up secure features now so I can get the most out of my laptop as I will be WFH - but will be taking the laptop with me on occasions I do have to go out.

I have consistantly used this MS account on multiple devices and have already changed my number, but I guess it has different usages for changing numbers and changing it in one place doesnt in another?

Can somebody please remove the 30 day wait.

DJ1982i, Aug 16, 2022
  3. 30 day wait?

Hi,

I gave my Lumia 920 to my son to use, with the idea that I'll be able to activate Family Safety on the phone as I did on his tablet. I reset the phone and started to enter his Outlook.com credentials for the Microsoft account. But when the verification is
    done, it still wants to send the verification code to my cell number - and not his. I made sure that his SIM card is used, but it insisted to send the verification to my number. When I changed the security info to his number, it said that I'll have to wait
    30 days for the change to take affect.

I understand some of the logic behind the 30 day wait, but for two reasons it's totally impractical in my case:

1. I have control over the phone and accounts, so I should be able to decide what to active and when - not the system.

2. My son can only use the phone when I can monitor his internet access - he now has to wait 30 days before that can happen - total waste!

Thys

ThysMarais, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...

Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.

On September 18, 2020 I changed my phone number, as I had gotten a new phone, and discovered this setting one day. Thinking I was doing the right thing in updating my information on my Microsoft account, I changed the phone number. After all, the old phone,
    along with the number, had been gone for months and I didn't want verification information to be sent to the wrong phone; a phone I don't have access to. My account locked for 30 days, and won't unlock until October 18, 2020.

I bought a new gaming computer which arrived yesterday, installed games, and started playing. Today, Windows 10 insisted on installing updates on the new gaming computer. When the computer restarted and I went to put in my PIN to get into it and I got
    the message that "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change on the security settings for this device. Click to set up your PIN again." So I clicked on "Set up my PIN". I get the log in screen for my Microsoft account and I log in. Then I get a message
    that the account is locked for 30 days.

And, there are no other viable options.

I could attempt to cancel the change, but I don't have access to the old phone.

Does this mean, I can't use the computer until October 18, 2020?

Or, even worse, that I won't be able to ever use the computer?

Is there any way around this?

This seems to fall into several areas, such as signing in, security and windows updates.

I selected Windows update as that invalidated my PIN and now I can't get into my expensive gaming computer for at least 3 more weeks with no guarantee I'll be able to access it on October 18th or 19th.

Is there anything any of you can do to help?

RobertPanza, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...

1. Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!... - Similar Threads - Cant log set

2. New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?: I have replaced my motherboard and processor. After restarting my system, Windows wants me to enter a new PIN for security reasons. Normally that's not a problem, but the recovery email address I've put in years ago seems to have expired : Changing to a new recovery email...
  3. New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?: I have replaced my motherboard and processor. After restarting my system, Windows wants me to enter a new PIN for security reasons. Normally that's not a problem, but the recovery email address I've put in years ago seems to have expired : Changing to a new recovery email...
  4. Anyway to bypass this stupid 30 day wait for resetting your phone number? It's beyond ****...

Anyway to bypass this stupid 30 day wait for resetting your phone number? It's beyond ****...: Read description. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyway-to-bypass-this-stupid-30-day-wait-for/2abeebdd-9322-414f-863f-c2039fe64862
  5. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...: I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it...
  6. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...: I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it...
  7. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...: Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number! Cannot cancel request for new back up because old email and phone number dont longer exist. What should I do?...
  9. 30 day wait period for number change

30 day wait period for number change: I desperately need to login to my PC. We were attempting to problem solve the printer not communicating to the computer and we did a windows upgrade and restart. After the restart microsoft was asking for a verification pin that was going to an old number. When we attempted...
  10. Setting Up a New Laptop - Phone Number Rejected

Setting Up a New Laptop - Phone Number Rejected: I am setting up a newly bought laptop and reached the window “Sign in with Microsoft”. I selected the “Create an account” link and got the “Let’s create your account” window. I selected the “Use a phone number instead” link and got the “Let’s create your account / Enter...