Windows 10: Can't Log in when it asks second password

Discus and support Can't Log in when it asks second password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can log into my microsoft account easy enough on my browser, however, when I attempt to log in to my MS account on Windows 10, the system asks me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoveMurgod, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Can't Log in when it asks second password

I can log into my microsoft account easy enough on my browser, however, when I attempt to log in to my MS account on Windows 10, the system asks me for my password a second time, this happens regardless of whether I attempt a log in via password or Authenticator App. When the screen pops up it says
    "Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account
    Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello, if you've set it up.
    We'll need your current Windows password one last time."

however it refuses to accept my password. Please help

:)

LoveMurgod, Oct 22, 2020

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 22, 2020
  3. DonP81 Win User
    Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL

Microsoft Outlook 2013 keeps asking for the password to log in to AOL mail. I connect to AOL.COM using an IMAP connection. Now it keeps asking for the password. It has done this repeatedly in the last 2 weeks. I have tried every
    suggestion I can find on the internet to cure the problem. The only way I can fix it (temporarily) is to delete the AOL account and rebuild it. This, of course, also deletes all the locally stored mail as well as my address book.

I have rebuilt the profile 3 or 4 times over the last 2 weeks and after I shut down the machine and re-start it, I again lose the ability to log in to AOL....it again continually asks for the password.

The Credentials Manager in the control panel does not mention Outlook anywhere.

I would appreciate any new suggestions on how to make it accept my password and log in. Or perhaps to get AOL to connect with a POP3 connection.

Don

DonP81, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Can't Log in when it asks second password

Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't Log in when it asks second password

1. Can't Log in when it asks second password - Similar Threads - Can't Log asks

2. Can't sign in to Windows. Asks for email then password. This works. Asks for password one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to Windows. Asks for email then password. This works. Asks for password one...: Hello :I'm at work using a new PC. I clicked on the Windows Shield icon on taskbar. Account protection has an exclamation point on it. I click sign in.I use my personal email and password as requested. It works. Then it asks for password one more time. And it doesn't work....
  3. Can't disable log-in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable log-in password: Went from windows 10 to 11. I log on my microsoft account and today when i logged into my computer that only I use, it asked me for my microsoft account password. I do not want any kind of password on my computer, so I tried to find a solution. I opened netplwiz, selected my...
  4. Can't disable log-in password

Can't disable log-in password: Went from windows 10 to 11. I log on my microsoft account and today when i logged into my computer that only I use, it asked me for my microsoft account password. I do not want any kind of password on my computer, so I tried to find a solution. I opened netplwiz, selected my...
  5. Windows 11 asking for log in and password to view passwords in Chrome

Windows 11 asking for log in and password to view passwords in Chrome: Why in the world would you ask for a log in and password information for us to view our own passwords in Google Chrome??? How do we turn to this stupid feature off???...
  6. Windows 11 asking for log in and password to view passwords in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asking for log in and password to view passwords in Chrome: Why in the world would you ask for a log in and password information for us to view our own passwords in Google Chrome??? How do we turn to this stupid feature off???...
  7. why windows 10 asking for password second time?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why windows 10 asking for password second time?: I have a new pc so I am trying to log in my Microsoft account first time... after accepting my password saying that you need to enter your valid password second time! I don't get it. I did change my password for outlook account and I can access my outlook from a web browser...
  8. Password when logging in

Password when logging in: I have tried all of the options that I can find on the internet, to try to eliminate the need for a password or pin number when logging on. None of them seem to work. I have followed written instructions and I have watched videos but just cannot get the result I require....
  9. Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...

Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...: Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to bypass or reset local Windows 10 password using my current PIN? I'm trying to use my Microsoft account instead of my local account but it's asking for my local password not my PIN to proceed. I can't remember my local password as...
  10. Windows 10 Log In Constantly Asking for Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Log In Constantly Asking for Password: My Windows 10 operating system used to allow me to sign in without putting in my password, and all of a sudden, it asks every time the monitor goes to sleep and the operating system closes a website before I am ready to close it, or I do not want it closed at all. How do I...