Windows 10: Can't log-in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't log-in Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, last night I decided to change my login option from my Microsoft account to a Local user account. Of course, I setup a password. I restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Parzival_, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Parzival_ Win User

Can't log-in Windows 10

So, last night I decided to change my login option from my Microsoft account to a Local user account. Of course, I setup a password. I restarted my laptop because I also updated my drivers, but when it finally brought me to the log-in screen, it already shows the "Username or password incorrect. Try again." prompt when I had not even tried to log-in yet. That was when I got the hint something was wrong. When I did try to log-in, it says my password was still incorrect. I tried typing my old password which it also didn't accept, so when I noticed there is another sign-in option through my Microsoft account, I tried that and it didn't work. Tried to log-in my Microsoft account on my phone and it went through. Changed my Microsoft password and tried to log-in with it to my laptop again, and I still can't get past it.

Browsed the web for troubleshooting options, and none of it worked. Even resetting my computer requires password, so that also doesn't work. What do I do? I have important documents in there. :

:)

Parzival_, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Can't log-in Windows 10

Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't log-in Windows 10

1. Can't log-in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't log

2. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  3. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  4. Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...: I have been meaning to take screenshots of my issue here but the thing is, each screenshot I take is being stored in the user/onedrive - boun.edu.tr which is a lost email and I can't move it from there. So, I can understand the fact that the files are stuck since the school...
  5. Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...

Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...: I have been meaning to take screenshots of my issue here but the thing is, each screenshot I take is being stored in the user/onedrive - boun.edu.tr which is a lost email and I can't move it from there. So, I can understand the fact that the files are stuck since the school...
  6. I can't log in to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't log in to Microsoft Store: It started with not being able to download the Minecraft launcher and now I can't log into the Microsoft store at all. I bought Minecraft to play with friends after years of not playing. I tried to download the launcher but kept getting an error that the launcher was not...
  7. I can't log in to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in to Microsoft Store: It started with not being able to download the Minecraft launcher and now I can't log into the Microsoft store at all. I bought Minecraft to play with friends after years of not playing. I tried to download the launcher but kept getting an error that the launcher was not...
  8. I can't log in to Microsoft Store

9. Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  10. Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...