Windows 10: Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.

Discus and support Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm completely stuck atm. I don't know what's wrong with microsoft honestly. I used to use fingerprint scanner to log in for 6 months straight. So now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KeyResponsibility3, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.

I'm completely stuck atm.

I don't know what's wrong with microsoft honestly. I used to use fingerprint scanner to log in for 6 months straight. So now suddenly, I need to use a pin to log in, which i forgot. That's my fault, whatever.

Then I taught let me take the loss and just reset my pc (I'm using a local account too so i cant use the microsoft email reset or whatever). I tried the restart + shift method, but the recovery screen does not pop up. Apperently they removed that function? IDK. Then i taught let me try to freshly install it using the USB Drive method. But you also have to be logged in for that aswell. So now my computer is just bricked. What can i do to reset my pc? I'm extremely annoyed. Microsoft troubleshooting pages say to use the shift restart method but it doesn't even work anymore.

submitted by /u/KeyResponsibility3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KeyResponsibility3, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Forgot PIN

If you forgot the PIN, you have no choice but to hard reset the phone and start from scratch. You can't bypass the PIN. If you could, there would be no point to the PIN.

Entegy, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Fingerprint reader inop, forgot pw

The fingerprint reader seems to have entered bad data and now my HP laptop (Windows 10) will only accept a password or PIN. We cannot remember either the PW or PIN. Is there a way to unlock the machine?

Richard3399, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Bropper Win User

Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Can't log on with just fingerprint, the fingerprint asks me to input the pin.

Bropper, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.

1. Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC. - Similar Threads - Can't log fingerprint

2. Can't log in forgot my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in forgot my pin: I simply forgotten my login then and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-forgot-my-pin/f9d7f517-6352-44da-bd09-292f56d87a4b
  3. Can't log in forgot my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in forgot my pin: I simply forgotten my login then and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-forgot-my-pin/f9d7f517-6352-44da-bd09-292f56d87a4b
  4. Forgot pc pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot pc pin: I forgot my pc pin and after few wrong attempts it says, i can't log in because of wrong pin and repeated shut down and will have to keep my device on for 2 hrs for another attempt. The 'forgot my pin' is also not working. I tried clicking on it and it started processing but...
  5. Forgot pc pin

Forgot pc pin: I forgot my pc pin and after few wrong attempts it says, i can't log in because of wrong pin and repeated shut down and will have to keep my device on for 2 hrs for another attempt. The 'forgot my pin' is also not working. I tried clicking on it and it started processing but...
  6. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  7. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  8. forgot my password. can't reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot my password. can't reset: so I have an asus laptop with windows 10 and I forgot my password. I don't have an administrator account, there is just one account. I don't have access to a disc or USB that I could use. I tired to reset but it said I don't have enough space and that I need to free up space....
  9. forgot my password. can't reset

forgot my password. can't reset: so I have an asus laptop with windows 10 and I forgot my password. I don't have an administrator account, there is just one account. I don't have access to a disc or USB that I could use. I tired to reset but it said I don't have enough space and that I need to free up space....
  10. forgot my password. can't reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen