Windows 10: Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store

Discus and support Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having an extremely annoying issue with the Windows Store. I need to log into an account because I need to use Enpass password manager's premium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boxfreind, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store

I'm having an extremely annoying issue with the Windows Store. I need to log into an account because I need to use Enpass password manager's premium features but it's a UWP app so I need a Microsoft account to pay for the premium. At first the store wouldn't open at all. It would just close immediately. I ran a reset command I found in PowerShell and now it doesn't close automatically. But when i click on "sign in" it doesn't do anything. I ran some more commands in CMD and in PS but nothing has worked. I even created new user profile! Nope, still can't sign in. But it works on my laptop. I really want to avoid a clean install, I had to do one three months ago and I just now got all my shit reinstalled. What a pain Windows 10 is becoming.

submitted by /u/boxfreind
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boxfreind, Oct 29, 2019
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store

Issues with logging into Store and Mail with Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi Ravi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change computer is not connected to the network or there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "while log in to Microsoft account in store or mail ", are you connected to the internet while trying to configure Microsoft account in Store and Mail? Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail app?
    • Are you logged into the Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I suggest you to run the below Windows Store apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into store and mail, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store

1. Can't log into a Microsoft account in the Windows Store - Similar Threads - Can't log Microsoft

2. Can't Log into Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Log into Microsoft store: Trying to currently log into Microsoft store I am met with an error code that says 0x80131904. How do I clear this error and access MS. If not able to do so I will probably buy an apple as ths is a brand new laptop giving me this issue....
  3. Can't Log into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log into Microsoft store: Trying to currently log into Microsoft store I am met with an error code that says 0x80131904. How do I clear this error and access MS. If not able to do so I will probably buy an apple as ths is a brand new laptop giving me this issue....
  4. Can't Log into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't log into microsoft account on the store or xbox app

Can't log into microsoft account on the store or xbox app: I go to log in and i click sign in and it pops up the tiny window to sign in for a split second and immediately closes not a split second later please help. When i go to sign in on the Microsoft store and I click sign in and nothing happens same with the Xbox app and I've...
  6. Can't log into microsoft account on the store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into microsoft account on the store or xbox app: I go to log in and i click sign in and it pops up the tiny window to sign in for a split second and immediately closes not a split second later please help. When i go to sign in on the Microsoft store and I click sign in and nothing happens same with the Xbox app and I've...
  7. Can't log into microsoft account on the store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't log into Microsoft account in the Microsoft Store

Can't log into Microsoft account in the Microsoft Store: Every time I try to log into the microsoft store I get error code 0x80070426. Windows defender doesn't work either. When I click on Open Windows Security in the windows settings, windows defender pops up for a fraction of a second and immediately closes. I tried some of the...
  9. Can't log in at Microsoft Store.

Can't log in at Microsoft Store.: I can log in to my Microsoft Account at the Microsoft site - I just changed the password. But when I go to the Microsoft Store to get original minesweeper game it wants me to log in however it says my account does not exist....
  10. Can't log in to microsoft store

Can't log in to microsoft store: I can't log in to Microsoft store or windows for some reason, it says "this program is blocked by group policy" every time I attempt to log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-microsoft-store/b895fa12-e96e-4a2c-b96c-4e2a2e8e7064