Windows 10: Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

Discus and support Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jeanne doe, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically everything under the sun - and I STILL couldn’t log in. I took a break for a few months, and once I decided to log back in, it still says that I could not log in. However, I am able to log into this account when I am at the Microsoft site under any number of different DESKTOP accounts, though. Is there some sort of problem here, and if so, are there any ways that this coul possibly be fixed with?

:)

Jeanne doe, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

Lock Screen Randomly Changes

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to go to the lock screen settings and disable the automatic lock screen change and check if the issue persist.

To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

1. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Can’t Log Account

2. Can’t log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log in: I have a account on my pc I just logged in and restarting it and now I can’t log in saying g set up my pin then does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in/e1921e90-d19d-485d-8d9f-6d1dee02c2c9
  3. Can’t log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log in: Hello I’ve got myself stuck in a situation where my computer won’t let me log in for two hours I have waited more than that I’ve been waiting for weeks and it still hasn’t worked. Is there a chance I can get it unlocked if I send the password and email? Also if I was to put...
  4. Can’t Log In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t Log In: My laptop is not allowing me to sign in. A message reads “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again.”It’s not allowing me to sign in via any other method. There is no ‘sign-in options’ button. In...
  5. Locked on blurry log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked on blurry log in screen: Win 10 suddenly wont let me log in. stops at blurry log in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-on-blurry-log-in-screen/23053dc8-2992-41a1-9b69-3e4b2430b5a9
  6. Can’t log in

Can’t log in: My PC is stuck at the startup screen. And when i go to the login screen, the whole screen goes black for 1 or 2 minutes, then it goes back to the startup screen. How do you fix this?...
  7. No log in screen / can’t click anything

No log in screen / can’t click anything: Hi, Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to log in to my laptop. It boots normally, but once I go to the log in screen (by clicking), there’s nothing (not even the three buttons in the bottom right corner, which sometimes appear and sometimes don’t). I also can’t click any...
  8. Unable to log on at lock screen

Unable to log on at lock screen: I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a couple of days, until the notebook decided to do the v1809 update. From then all I get is "wrong password". At the bottom right...
  9. Can’t log into my Windows account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t log into my Windows account: I use facial recognition to log in all the time, and sometimes a pin. My laptop tells me that “Your PIN is required to sign in”, so I oblige. Well, getting an error message along the lines of “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Choose another sign-in...
  10. Blue Screen of Death and Can’t log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blue Screen of Death and Can’t log in: When in overseas for over a month, I couldn’t use my computer. After I got back from overseas, my laptop suddenly started to have frequent stop codes. It happens every 4 minutes after I open my laptop. I tried to boot my laptop since it says that booting your laptop will fix...