Windows 10: Can't log into admin account

Discus and support Can't log into admin account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm currently unable to log into the admin account on my windows 10 computer, the problem came after i tried to make a local account. I am able to log... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by IanBohnert, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Can't log into admin account

I'm currently unable to log into the admin account on my windows 10 computer, the problem came after i tried to make a local account. I am able to log into that but in the account screen the main account has a sign in button that does not work and no option to enter a password.

Can't log into admin account b678dfdb-8126-48cf-838d-6fe169498f30?upload=true.jpg

:)

IanBohnert, Oct 18, 2020
  2. NinkobEi Win User

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 18, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Can't log into admin account

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't log into admin account

1. Can't log into admin account - Similar Threads - Can't log admin

2. i can't log in my admin local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't log in my admin local account: i got logged out from my only account and that activated a temp one, my desktop simply vanished and just kept some apps in it, and i still have my files there, but i can't log in my normal account , even though i've tried every possible way i could find to fix this with...
  3. i can't log in my admin local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't log in my admin local account: i got logged out from my only account and that activated a temp one, my desktop simply vanished and just kept some apps in it, and i still have my files there, but i can't log in my normal account , even though i've tried every possible way i could find to fix this with...
  4. i can't log in my admin local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  6. Can't log in to local admin account without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to local admin account without internet: I just switched to Windows after using Macs since the 90s and I gotta say, of all the poor UI decisions that somehow got approved, this is a deal breaker for me: no access to your machine without an internet connection? Is this a joke? The fact that random failures to connect...
  7. Can't log in to local admin account without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to local admin account without internet: I just switched to Windows after using Macs since the 90s and I gotta say, of all the poor UI decisions that somehow got approved, this is a deal breaker for me: no access to your machine without an internet connection? Is this a joke? The fact that random failures to connect...
  8. Can't log in to local admin account without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't log into Admin account on W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Admin account on W10: Okay, so I just bought this Laptop from Wal-Mart. When i booted it up for the first time it already had an account made called "2628". There was a password already on it, so i tried it, and the password was the same as the username. Used this computer for a couple of weeks...
  10. Admin account and logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin account and logging in: I have a family computer that I wanted to "take ownership of". I logged in (I had the password) and tried following some directions for changing the user ID. I ended up deleting all the users, including the admin user. The computer stopped responding at all. The pointer...