Windows 10: Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to...

Discus and support Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to log in to anything microsoft related, i.e. xbox app, microsoft store, office 365, I get the pop up with one of my emails and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Max Paterson, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to...

Whenever I try to log in to anything microsoft related, i.e. xbox app, microsoft store, office 365, I get the pop up with one of my emails and the option to add another microsoft account, when I click on either and then click continue, a white box appears for a second then disappears. I'm not sure if its related but I recently tried to install office 365 and log into that, and it glitched out. Furthermore, whenever I try to check windows for updates it says it cant connect to the update service, I'm not sure if that's related though. I have tried numerous solutions online but no one else seems

:)

Max Paterson, Feb 28, 2024

2. Disabling Browser Choice Screen in WIndows 10

Hi Sharonlgoe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• When does this box/prompt display?
    • Which was the latest browser you installed to the computer?

It will be helpful if you could send a screenshot of the box/prompt.

I suggest you to set the default browser from the steps below if not tried already.

To set default browser, go to click on Start>Settings>System>Default Apps, scroll down and in Web Browser, click on
    browser and it will list the browser available/installed in the system. Select the required browser and close the dialog box.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2024
  4. manofmann Win User

Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to...

Microsoft Jigsaw has stopped logging into my X-Box account

Jigsaw was working fine but now refuses to connectr to my X-box account

I have followed the suggestions

• delete and reinstall
    • troubleshoot through app troubleshooter
    • log out and log in again
    It still refuses to connect.

Can anyone help please?

manofmann, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to...

1. Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to... - Similar Threads - Can't log microsoft

2. Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into any microsoft related app on windows outside of browser as the prompt box to...: Whenever I try to log in to anything microsoft related, i.e. xbox app, microsoft store, office 365, I get the pop up with one of my emails and the option to add another microsoft account, when I click on either and then click continue, a white box appears for a second then...
  3. Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home: I tried sending my client an executable to install Splashtop on her computer but it will not allow any installations outside of what's on the Microsoft Store. We try overrriding this and there doesn't seem to be any option to running the file. The window that does open up,...
  4. Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home

Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home: I tried sending my client an executable to install Splashtop on her computer but it will not allow any installations outside of what's on the Microsoft Store. We try overrriding this and there doesn't seem to be any option to running the file. The window that does open up,...
  5. Can't log in to any apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to any apps: Everytime I try to log into the Xbox App, Microsoft Store, or if I want to try to 'Add a Microsoft Account' a window will pop up and then shut down. No error message nothing, just starts and stops. I've scanned for malware and if any was found in my boot system it was...
  6. Can't log in to any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to any apps: Everytime I try to log into the Xbox App, Microsoft Store, or if I want to try to 'Add a Microsoft Account' a window will pop up and then shut down. No error message nothing, just starts and stops. I've scanned for malware and if any was found in my boot system it was...
  7. Can't log in to any apps

8. Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app: Hey. I am neck deep in sh*t right now. I can't open any files that are made by microsoft or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the time if I try to open, let's say an MP3 file or a photo file, I get this error message and the app closes faster than I blink, like you open it,...
  9. Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting: Hey folks, I resetted my PC without data lost option and after the process I opened my windows and I cannot start Microsoft Store and any app that requires to start itself. I tried a lot of solutions and cannot work. I tried sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Can't open soundcloud in any browser or App

Can't open soundcloud in any browser or App: Soundcloud isn't working on my pc, nither App nor the site is opening. Please help thanks in advance[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-soundcloud-in-any-browser-or-app/8bf70e93-d0e6-4ea8-afea-284b64179576