Windows 10: Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

Discus and support Can't log into computer after version 2004 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday morning, I update to Widows 10 Version 2004. It caused all sorts of changes that I was able to get help with here on the forum. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marcy_8613, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

Yesterday morning, I update to Widows 10 Version 2004. It caused all sorts of changes that I was able to get help with here on the forum.

This morning, I can't log in. Until today, I was asked for my PIN at login, and that is what I have been using. Now it is asking me for a password.

I have 2 Microsoft accounts on my computer, a personal one and a business one. After the update, I had to log in again with the business one. I thought that was no big deal.

That said, now that I am being asked for a password, neither the personal one nor the business one will work. Reset password asks for some sort of reset password key file that I don't have.

I am in a total panic. I can't log in. I need to work. I do not know what else to do. I read that if it does not ask for an email, it is a local account. I do not even know what that means. I have tried every login I have. I have tried leaving the password blank.

I do have the photo that is attached to my computer account. I also changed my username in this forum yesterday, but I did not think that would have any bearing on my computer login.

Any ideas at all would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!!

:)

Marcy_8613, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Jpv_2020 Win User

windows version 2004 update

After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909

Jpv_2020, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
  4. Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

1. Can't log into computer after version 2004 update - Similar Threads - Can't log computer

2. Can't update to 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to 2004 version.: I'm stuck with Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363.1379). In the Windows Update settings it has said that version 2004 is arriving since may. I know that it could be caused by some incompatibilities with some software, drivers or actual devices on my pc, but is there a way...
  3. The update version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update version 2004: Hello Up until today my system cant update to the version 2004 update. I just want to know why my system cant update and also when will it be able to as it is 7 months later since the update came out. Been updating every update since and still cant update....
  4. Update version 2004

Update version 2004: Is the Newest update really Version 2004? I want my computer up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-version-2004/485f944a-8627-4e77-bf31-8061778b2bcc
  5. Can't update to windows 10 version 2004

Can't update to windows 10 version 2004: When i tried updating windows 10 to version 2004 This come up : [ATTACH] It said to uninstall it manually, but i never install this Virtualbox software before Also when i search virtualbox in apps&feature there's 0 result I searched in program files folder and there's no...
  6. Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004: Hello! So about a week ago I was forced by Windows to update to the new 2004 version, and now every single app/site that requires an account/log-in forgets it very single time I restart. The ones I use the most are the mail app and Google Chrome, but I'm pretty sure all the...
  7. My computers won't update to version 2004

My computers won't update to version 2004: Hello: I have two computers running versions of Windows 10 prior to version 2004. I have attempted to upgrade both many times using several methods: Windows Update, download and install the files, and using a DVD created by MediaCreator. The downloads work fine, then the...
  8. Can't update after 2004 update

Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  9. Can't update Windows version 1909 to Version 2004

Can't update Windows version 1909 to Version 2004: I'm guessing it's something to do with this generic statement from the Windows 10 blog <Note: You may not see Download and install on your device as we are slowly throttling up this availability over the coming weeks, or your device might have a compatibility issue for which...
  10. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...