Windows 10: Can't log into desktop

Discus and support Can't log into desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need immediate help. My computer was turned off when I went to it although last night it was left on. I turned it on and it went to password screen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamBibb1, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Can't log into desktop

I need immediate help. My computer was turned off when I went to it although last night it was left on. I turned it on and it went to password screen you go to typically after your computer restarts and before u reach your desktop. It had tthomeuser as the user name and it didn't accept my password. What do I do? Is this a hack into my system or something less serious. Please tell me I am not going to lose everything.

:)

WilliamBibb1, Apr 1, 2019

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 1, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't log into desktop :cool:

jmcslob, Apr 1, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't log into desktop

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't log into desktop

1. Can't log into desktop - Similar Threads - Can't log desktop

2. Desktop log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop log in: When I try to log in to my desktop it says ‘your credentials could not be verified’ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-log-in/2c7c52cf-85f7-4bdc-90f6-8df9a624777c
  3. Can't log in to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to desktop: I have a new laptop, after installing the Ofice 365 apps, the laptop restarted. When I click on the sign in option, the laptop goes back to the screen saver. I have not yet set up a password or pin....
  4. Can't log in to desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to desktop: I have a new laptop, after installing the Ofice 365 apps, the laptop restarted. When I click on the sign in option, the laptop goes back to the screen saver. I have not yet set up a password or pin....
  5. Can't log in to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Log into Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log into Desktop: I had recently bought a new laptop. The email I used to create an account on windows can only be verified using a mobile number in my case I had registered the email account with a Pakistani mobile number for verification purposes. The motherboard of the laptop was damaged...
  7. Can't log in to desktop, No internet connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log in to desktop, No internet connection.: Did a fresh install from disk and had to update to 20h2. During the download process of 20h2 I changed log in to a pin through my Microsoft account and never had a password before that. Update went through and installed rebooted and now there is no internet and won't allow...
  8. Desktop log-in

Desktop log-in: How do i stop my computer from setting the PIN log in as default. I never setup a PIN and do not want to as it is less secure than my password. but all of a sudden windows 10 insists on setting the PIN login as default. this is annoying cause i will type in my password and...
  9. Can't log into desktop

Can't log into desktop: I need immediate help. My computer was turned off when I went to it although last night it was left on. I turned it on and it went to password screen you go to typically after your computer restarts and before u reach your desktop. It had tthomeuser as the user name and it...
  10. Can't log in via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log in via Remote Desktop: I am having intermittent problems connecting via remote desktop. I use RD with a laptop to connect to my desktop PC. Both are running Windows 10. The desktop has Office 2016, the desktop has Office 2013. Both are Lenovo machines. When I am unable to connect, I get the...