Windows 10: Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0

Discus and support Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I decided to fully wipe my drive on my laptop and after everything was done it got stuck on the just a moment screen for hours. I decided to restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/luckyyyy131313, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0

I decided to fully wipe my drive on my laptop and after everything was done it got stuck on the just a moment screen for hours. I decided to restart my laptop and when it came back to the login screen defaultuser0 replaced my existing account.

All the options I've found online such as using the command prompt haven't worked because it requires me to login as an administrator with the defaultuser0 account that has no password.

Anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/luckyyyy131313
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/luckyyyy131313, Mar 3, 2020

2. Get rid of Windows 10 defaultuser0

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow these steps to remove the user account from your computer and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “netplwiz” press Enter.

• Select the user account (defaultuser0), click the remove button.

Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. Once this is done restart the pc for the changes to take place.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 3, 2020
  3. "defaultuser0" created on clean install of Anniversary Update

I just bought a new Dell laptop (2017-05-18) With W10 Home ed. factory installed on it, and I face the same problem. Doing what you recommend, deleting the Defaultuser0 and then opening registry, I cannot find anything named: "Defaultuser0 registry entry"
    on the advised search path. I therefore restored Defaultuser0 from the recycle bin, in waiting for better advice. What do I do?

KjellAdrian, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0

Defaultuser0

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the user account.

Defaultuser0 is a system user profile used when Windows is setting up, before any user accounts have been created. It should and usually does disappear after first reboot after installation. If the profile folder remains in Users folder, it's safe to manually
    delete it.

If you don't need the user account, you can delete it.

Delete the 'DefaultUser0' folder from C:\Users\

Delete the 'DefaultUser0' registry entry from:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

Click on each of the listed profiles and check the 'ProfielImagePath' entry to verify the associated profile.

Delete the user with net user defaultuser0 /delete

Thank you.

Mark St..., Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0

1. Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0 - Similar Threads - Can't log laptop

2. I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.: I can't even log on because the 0 key doesn't work. I haven't had this laptop near any liquid, so that's not it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-laptop-because-the-0-key-is-not/2d7064aa-fb8b-4b32-8b78-592c109a4f38
  3. I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.: I can't even log on because the 0 key doesn't work. I haven't had this laptop near any liquid, so that's not it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-laptop-because-the-0-key-is-not/2d7064aa-fb8b-4b32-8b78-592c109a4f38
  4. Having problems with laptop defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with laptop defaultuser0: Hi,Yesterday I had problem with bluescreen on my laptop its kinda normal but normally when I have problems with it I reinstall my system and its working all good but now when I reinstalled system I had still some problems. What I did then was I wrote two commands in command...
  5. Having problems with laptop defaultuser0

Having problems with laptop defaultuser0: Hi,Yesterday I had problem with bluescreen on my laptop its kinda normal but normally when I have problems with it I reinstall my system and its working all good but now when I reinstalled system I had still some problems. What I did then was I wrote two commands in command...
  6. Having problems with laptop defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why am I logged to defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I logged to defaultuser0: Hello I just finished install windows 11 dev channel and then once I complete there a oobe but no prompt for account then it just log me in this weird account called defaultuser0 I remember there a password but you can’t enter but why am I logged into this it just straight up...
  8. Why am I logged to defaultuser0

Why am I logged to defaultuser0: Hello I just finished install windows 11 dev channel and then once I complete there a oobe but no prompt for account then it just log me in this weird account called defaultuser0 I remember there a password but you can’t enter but why am I logged into this it just straight up...
  9. Can't log in to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to laptop: I cannot log into my laptop. I have tried resetting the pin and it won't let me. It says my pin is not available. I have reset my Microsoft account password because it says the password is wrong and it still says the password is wrong. I've tried resetting everything and I...
  10. Can't disable defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't disable defaultuser0: I had to activate administrator account 0 in order to complete the initialization of windows 10, following oobe errors. Now, however, the administrator user defaultuser0. I tried to remove it with net user administrator /active:no but after "ok done" ghe defaultuser remain....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant defaultuser0 delete