Windows 10: Can't log into Laptop to do system restore

Discus and support Can't log into Laptop to do system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During a system restore, windows forced an update on me. It messed up my laptop. I'm trying to do a system restore to save my PC but my password isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Need_help_0, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Can't log into Laptop to do system restore

During a system restore, windows forced an update on me. It messed up my laptop. I'm trying to do a system restore to save my PC but my password isn't working. Is there a way to bypass this to do a system restore? My password is correct but it's telling me it's wrong. I don't know how to contact Microsoft directly.

:)

Need_help_0, Sep 9, 2021
  2. ken1943 Win User

System Restore Not Working On A Laptop

Two desktops have System Restore Working and Laptop is not working.

Interesting is they have a System Restore Service and the Laptop Does not.

All three had a clean install of 1607.

Suggestions ?

ken1943, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    System Restore error

The "mstdc.log" file is a transaction log file of Windows operating systems. Since it is a log file, it should not affect the performance of your system. Also, the error that you're getting with that log file is not connected to the System Restore error
    code you're seeing in the Event Viewer. If you want to make sure that System Restore is functioning properly, you can also disable and re-enable it. Please take note that by disabling System Restore, you lose your restore points. To disable and re-enable System
    Restore, follow these steps:

• Access System Restore by searching using Cortana.
    • Click Configure.
    • Choose Disable system protection.
    • Click Apply, and the press OK.
    • Click Configure again.
    • Choose Turn on system protection.
    • Click Apply, and the press OK.
    • Click OK.

If you do not encounter any issues while doing the steps above, it means that System Restore is working properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Can't log into Laptop to do system restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't log into Laptop to do system restore

1. Can't log into Laptop to do system restore - Similar Threads - Can't log Laptop

2. Can't do a System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do a System Restore: Please notify me if you have a method to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-system-restore/7ac18f2c-76de-455e-847a-6887e12a8655
  3. Can't do a System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't do a System Restore: Please notify me if you have a method to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-system-restore/7ac18f2c-76de-455e-847a-6887e12a8655
  4. Can't do a System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  6. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  7. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working after system restore, can't log in

Mouse and keyboard not working after system restore, can't log in: Hi. I have a PC i haven't used for a few years - mostly because my ssd died and when i restored my backup (macrium reflect) to the replacement drive I don't recall it ever working quite as right. I decided to solve this once and for all. I have a backup that i restored to my...
  9. Can't Log In After Restore

Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...
  10. Can't Log In After Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...