Windows 10: Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

Discus and support Can't log into Microsoft Account with password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Alright, so I'm trying to log into my new windows 10 with my password. At first, it wants the email address. Type that in and it's good. Then it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AsherV., Mar 2, 2019.

1. AsherV. Win User

Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

Alright, so I'm trying to log into my new windows 10 with my password.

At first, it wants the email address. Type that in and it's good.

Then it wants the password. Type that in and it's good.

But then it wants me to retype the password to sign into my account. Alright, type that in and it tells me the password is wrong and to try again.

I've changed the password once already and that didn't work.

What do I have to do to log into my Microsoft account?

:)

AsherV., Mar 2, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hello,

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you always have the option to reset it for you to be able to log in to your Windows. We suggest following the steps provided on this
    article to help you sign in to your account and to your Windows 10 device.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

1. Can't log into Microsoft Account with password - Similar Threads - Can't log Microsoft

2. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Microsoft Account.: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my Samsung Lapop Running Windows 11 & bought new at Christmas. I am able to log into the account via the Chrome app and other Internet apps. When I try login the screen goes white and freezes. It does this every time I try...
  3. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Microsoft Account.: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my Samsung Lapop Running Windows 11 & bought new at Christmas. I am able to log into the account via the Chrome app and other Internet apps. When I try login the screen goes white and freezes. It does this every time I try...
  4. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Log Into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log Into Microsoft Account: Everytime I try to log into my microsoft account, it would come up with "Can't Sign into your account, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x800704ec...
  6. Can't Log Into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Log Into Microsoft Account: Everytime I try to log into my microsoft account, it would come up with "Can't Sign into your account, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x800704ec...
  7. Can't log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into Microsoft account: I can't log into a Microsoft account of mine, and I have literally no information on it so I'm unable to try and start account recovery. It's linked to an old iCloud account which I also cannot access anymore... as you can see I'm bad at keeping tabs on accounts. I really...
  8. Can't log in into microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in into microsoft account: So recently i bought a pc,it already has a local account but i needed to activate windows. Then i clicked sign in with Microsoft account,the email and password went well and then they asked for the password one last time i entered it and it was incorrect although it is...
  9. Can't log on to my Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't log on to my Microsoft Account: Every time i try to log onto my account on my windows pc on any platform like microsoft store or xbox app i keep getting this error message saying Please try again later, and then this error message saying 0x801901f4...
  10. Can't log in to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in to Microsoft account: Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. Everything works great accept that I cannot log in to my Microsoft account. I've tried creating a new user account and it won't do that either. Tried a clean install and still having the same issue. A grey box will appear then disappear and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows asking for windows password when logging into microsoft account

2. i keyed in my Microsoft password wont work

3. cant log into facebook with new password windows phone

4. is it safe to log into someoneelse microsoft account,
  5. windows password when logging into microsoft account