Windows 10: Can’t log into my laptop

Discus and support Can’t log into my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not letting me sign-in On my laptop (running Windows 10 professional) I enter in the right password and it tells me that it’s incorrect. I meter in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vx786xv, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Can’t log into my laptop

Not letting me sign-in

On my laptop (running Windows 10 professional) I enter in the right password and it tells me that it’s incorrect. I meter in a multitude of other passwords and it still isn’t correct. It doesn’t allow me to change options on how to sign in too (sign in via fingerprint, sign in via PIN, etc) I even changed the password of my account and it still didn’t work, I’m wondering if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/vx786xv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vx786xv, Sep 11, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Sep 11, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can’t log into my laptop

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can’t log into my laptop :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Can’t log into my laptop

1. Can’t log into my laptop - Similar Threads - Can’t log laptop

2. Can’t log into laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log into laptop.: My laptop is suddenly asking for my Microsoft password instead of the usual pin. It keeps saying my password is incorrect even though I’ve tested it multiple times and know I typed it in correctly. It wants to do a start-up repair but I can’t get that to happen when it keeps...
  3. Can’t log into laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log into laptop.: My laptop is suddenly asking for my Microsoft password instead of the usual pin. It keeps saying my password is incorrect even though I’ve tested it multiple times and know I typed it in correctly. It wants to do a start-up repair but I can’t get that to happen when it keeps...
  4. Can’t log in to laptop

Can’t log in to laptop: Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkpadI have always used Fingerprint sign in or the PIN sign in. I’ve never had a problem.This morning it says can’t sign in with fingerprint. Use pin. Then under pin. It says pin function has been disabled.See photos. I don’t understand why. I don’t...
  5. Can’t log in to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in to laptop: Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkpadI have always used Fingerprint sign in or the PIN sign in. I’ve never had a problem.This morning it says can’t sign in with fingerprint. Use pin. Then under pin. It says pin function has been disabled.See photos. I don’t understand why. I don’t...
  6. I can’t log in my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t log in my laptop: I can’t log in my laptop. My pin is no longer available due to a change of security settings on this device. And I try using my password but it’s not letting log in. What can I do...
  7. I can’t log in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log in my laptop: I can’t log in my laptop. My pin is no longer available due to a change of security settings on this device. And I try using my password but it’s not letting log in. What can I do...
  8. I can’t log in my laptop

9. Can’t log into my windows 10 laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t log into my windows 10 laptop: Hi, ive recently come across a problem that doesnt allow me to log into my lenovo laptop. It suddenly stops recognising my finger print even after cleaning both sensor and finger, and tells me that the pssword i have typed in is wrong even though that is the password ive...
  10. Can’t log into my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t log into my laptop: Hello so my laptop is not recognizing my microsoft password! I logged into my account on other devices so my password is correct. It is not a problem with my keyboard because i have used the keyboard in display and viewed the password before submitting and its the correct...