Windows 10: Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

Discus and support Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,So a few hours ago I updated my BIOS with the newest version, the changelog was "Windows 11 Support" or something similar to that. After it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VikkiVuk, Nov 28, 2021.

1. VikkiVuk Win User

Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

Hello,So a few hours ago I updated my BIOS with the newest version, the changelog was "Windows 11 Support" or something similar to that. After it flashed the bios, it booted up into windows and surprise, surprise! It gave me an error that went like this "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device", now what did i do? Oh yeah, i googled this "error" and most of the answers were to just "delete the Ngc folder", which i did by using the command prompt on the troubleshooter and opening regedit, and then clicking on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and then going int

:)

VikkiVuk, Nov 28, 2021

2. Pin not working after BIOS Update

Hi Max,

It seems that your operating system was no longer aligned with your BIOS after installing a BIOS update for your HD3P main board.

For us to diagnose and address the problem, we suggest starting your computer in safe mode and check if the PIN is working while in that state. If it's working, then a 3rd party application may have caused the issue. To start your PC in safe mode, please
    see
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the PIN is not working in safe mode, then a reset is suggested to correct the problem. The operating system should always go with the BIOS. If the BIOS is freshly updated, then the OS has to be fresh as well. Check out
    Reset your PC in the link,
    Recovery options in Windows 10 for the steps.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

Pin not working after BIOS Update

Hello,

the PIN option is no longer working after updating the BIOS of my Gigabyte B150 HD3P Mainboard. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. (using current branch for business)

More Infos:

• restaring the machine didn't help (unsurprisingly)
    • Picturecode login still works
    • I've already set the grouppolicy to enable pin login
    • In the loginoptions menu is shows me the possibility to add a pin

Problem: When I click the button it asks for my old pin. I enter the old pin, the window just disappears.

Problem2: Forgot Pin tells my to remove the pin with the button "remove pin" - this button is not visible

This basically deprives me of all options I know - apart from resetting everything - I certainly am not planing on doing that again...

Max_usernameaddaition123, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

1. Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help? - Similar Threads - Cant log account

2. Cant log in to windows. PIN doesnt work and cant reset PIN because I am not receiving codes...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in to windows. PIN doesnt work and cant reset PIN because I am not receiving codes...: Hello,I was playing videogames when laptop crashed suddenly. Restarted and when entering my PIN it says something that I need to reconnect to the internet. I do. Enter pin again and get a new error 0x000006d with the option to reset pin. Follow the on screen instructions and...
  3. Cant log in to windows. PIN doesnt work and cant reset PIN because I am not receiving codes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log in to windows. PIN doesnt work and cant reset PIN because I am not receiving codes...: Hello,I was playing videogames when laptop crashed suddenly. Restarted and when entering my PIN it says something that I need to reconnect to the internet. I do. Enter pin again and get a new error 0x000006d with the option to reset pin. Follow the on screen instructions and...
  4. Cant log in to windows. PIN doesnt work and cant reset PIN because I am not receiving codes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cant log in to windows. PIN doesnt work and cant reset PIN because I am not receiving codes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I cant log in to my microsoft account, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant log in to my microsoft account, help: I don't know if I got hacked or well whatever happened to my account, but one day I wanted to log in to my Microsoft account to play Minecraft, and the first thing that happened was a message saying that my email doesn't exist and to create a new one, then I started looking...
  7. I cant set a pin on my windows 10 because the organization doesnt support it. The computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant set a pin on my windows 10 because the organization doesnt support it. The computer...: screenshot*** Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Sign-in *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-set-a-pin-on-my-windows-10-because-the/3e12e24a-efa9-482b-9295-d81ccf807761
  8. Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log into my windows account because my pin doesnt work after a bios update. Help?: Hello,So a few hours ago I updated my BIOS with the newest version, the changelog was "Windows 11 Support" or something similar to that. After it flashed the bios, it booted up into windows and surprise, surprise! It gave me an error that went like this "Your PIN is no longer...
  9. Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello": Hello, I did not buy MS Hello as I didn't want it, I reset my computer and updated it to its most recent update as I was switching from HDD to SSD, now I want to log into my MS word and One Note which had some very important things in it. Now when I sign in to my Microsoft...
  10. cant log in to my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant log in to my account: why cant i log in to my accouni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-my-account/540689b7-dfb3-4791-8982-2ea51e94b919