Windows 10: Can’t log into my Windows account

Discus and support Can’t log into my Windows account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use facial recognition to log in all the time, and sometimes a pin. My laptop tells me that “Your PIN is required to sign in”, so I oblige. Well,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BennyBoyJR, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Can’t log into my Windows account

I use facial recognition to log in all the time, and sometimes a pin. My laptop tells me that “Your PIN is required to sign in”, so I oblige.

Well, getting an error message along the lines of “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Choose another sign-in option...”. Problem is, I don’t remember my password (even with the hint), resetting it requires a USB key that I don’t have (as in I never created one) and there is no admin account on my laptop. So what do I do to login/reset my password???

:)

BennyBoyJR, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Can’t log into my Windows account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can’t log into my Windows account :(

Zakin, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Can’t log into my Windows account

1. Can’t log into my Windows account - Similar Threads - Can’t log account

2. Can’t log in to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in to windows: I was having some issues with games running slow all of a sudden on my laptop, check for any unusual cpu activity, ran a virus scan all okay so I did a safe mode reboot via msconfig and now when I try to login the pin option isn’t available and my password doesn’t work though...
  3. I can’t log into my laptop account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log into my laptop account: I am trying to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account password but it told me it was incorrect, so I reset my password to something new, and tried to sign in with the new password, and it told me I was incorrect again. I made sure there were no differences at all....
  4. I can’t log into my laptop account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log into my laptop account: I am trying to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account password but it told me it was incorrect, so I reset my password to something new, and tried to sign in with the new password, and it told me I was incorrect again. I made sure there were no differences at all....
  5. Can’t log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log into windows: When I try to sign into windows it prompts me to provide my Microsoft password then it asks to set up a new pin but then tells me something went wrong then kicks me back to sign in and then I go in circles...
  6. Can’t log into windows

Can’t log into windows: When I try to sign into windows it prompts me to provide my Microsoft password then it asks to set up a new pin but then tells me something went wrong then kicks me back to sign in and then I go in circles...
  7. Can’t log into windows

Can’t log into windows: I am not able to log into my windows account, I needed to clean up some GPU drivers so I booted into safe mode to prepare for that. When going to sign in my computer tells me I need and app to sign into my windows account. Because I am in safe mode I do not have to the...
  8. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...: My windows laptop shows up as a device on my microsoft account, but I cant log on to my laptop using my microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-logged-in-to-my-microsoft-account-and/7b606d9e-a86f-46e9-9d93-9b79a9e989d0
  9. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  10. I can’t log into my Google account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can’t log into my Google account: After updating I can’t log into my Google and Nexus accounts. I think that security tools somehow block Google services. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-google-account/08cca203-339d-4cc9-b7f5-beefa0f8f0ea