Windows 10: Can’t log into pc - deleted user account

Discus and support Can’t log into pc - deleted user account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did a big disk clean up using the windows utility - next time i tried to log on to my laptop my user account is not there and i cant log on. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fionafox, Sep 12, 2020.

1. fionafox Win User

Can’t log into pc - deleted user account

I did a big disk clean up using the windows utility - next time i tried to log on to my laptop my user account is not there and i cant log on. I think my user account has been deleted. I have tried getting into safe mode but this just brings up the log in screen anf my upaccount is not there so i still can get in is my old work laptop so there are other administrator logins from when it was a work laptop.

:)

fionafox, Sep 12, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Sep 12, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users

No, when you enable the built in Administrator account, just uncheck "Account is disabled", the password should be empty so when you log in, just click Sign In.

FYI, I tried it in my PC:
    1. Create a Local account and log in so Windows will set it up with an SID (64 bit unique ID) associated with the account, set up the environment for the account etc...
    2. Switch to any user with Admin right then delete the account. At this point, the user account folder still exists.
    3. Enable the built in Administrator
    4. Reboot and log in as Administrator then delete the user account folder, answer Yes if prompted.

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Can’t log into pc - deleted user account - Similar Threads - Can’t log deleted

2. Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?: Hello,About a week ago my laptop started randomly freezing during intensive workloads. These freezes would not blue screen or crash the computer outright but did require hard shutdowns. After typing all of this out I realize that for the past month or so I have been having...
  3. Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?: Hello,About a week ago my laptop started randomly freezing during intensive workloads. These freezes would not blue screen or crash the computer outright but did require hard shutdowns. After typing all of this out I realize that for the past month or so I have been having...
  4. Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  6. Can’t log in to my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t log in to my pc: My pc wont recognize my password. Ive tried everything but it still wont work. Im at a loss here. I can access my account online but the password does not work on my pc...
  7. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  8. Can’t log in to pc

Can’t log in to pc: I had recently downlaoded a game off of a launcher ehich came with something called segurazo which i think was a virus, so i tried to go in to windows safe mode but when i went there it asked me for a password, normally it would ask for a pin. It wouldnt work so i reset the...
  9. Can’t log into my Windows account

Can’t log into my Windows account: I use facial recognition to log in all the time, and sometimes a pin. My laptop tells me that “Your PIN is required to sign in”, so I oblige. Well, getting an error message along the lines of “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Choose another sign-in...
  10. How to delete PC user account of a child?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to delete PC user account of a child?: Hello. The user account of a child in my family. The account isn't working right - Universal Apps would load - so I wanted to delete it and recreate it. Unfortunately, I cannot find an option to delete the account from the PC - only to "block" it, whatever that means. I read...