Windows 10: Can't Log Into Profile in Safe Mode Used MsConfig Method

Discus and support Can't Log Into Profile in Safe Mode Used MsConfig Method in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! My laptop recently came into contact with HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE trojan and I was looking at tutorials on how to remove it. Long story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Qua Vo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Qua Vo Win User

Can't Log Into Profile in Safe Mode Used MsConfig Method

Hi Everyone!

My laptop recently came into contact with HEUR:Exploit.Java.CVE trojan and I was looking at tutorials on how to remove it. Long story short, I had to go into Safe Mode in order to do so. I opted for the method that uses MSconfig to go to Safe Mode I checked a box that boots into safe mode upon startup, hence the infinite loop of booting into safe mode. As I was greeted with the log-in screen in safe mode, I typed in the exact password/pin I use to log into normal Windows. However, it kept saying incorrect password.

I've searched around the forums and some were saying to boot in Safe Mode with Network: I did that but still, incorrect password.

Could this be due to checking the Safe Mode boot box in MSconfig?

Can anyone help me with this, is there any other option besides having to reset my laptop to get back to normal windows? I am a college student so most of my assignments/homework are kept in a hard drive.

Thank You

:)

Qua Vo, Sep 29, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Sep 29, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Log Into Profile in Safe Mode Used MsConfig Method - Similar Threads - Can't Log Profile

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  4. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  5. Can't log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into safe mode: I am having issues with my laptop monitor so I was going to boot into safe mode to try to fix, but Windows keeps telling me my password is incorrect. It is not having me use my PIN but my actual password. And I know, despite it telling me its wrong, that it is right. I logged...
  6. Can't log in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in safe mode: Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get a BSOD. There's a way to boot normally again? How can I boot in safe mode? I booted in safe mode via msconfig, don't know...
  7. Stuck in safe mode, can't run msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in safe mode, can't run msconfig: I rebooted my computer into Safe Mode to uninstall some drivers. I did this using msconfig. Now that I am in Safe Mode, I can't run msconfig to get out. I try running the command and nothing happens. I have tried running it from the command prompt, and I get the same thing....
  8. Can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  9. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...